IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism

3 posters

Go down

Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism Empty Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism

Post  Major Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 am

Passport checks to curb health tourism may have to be extended to every hospital, it emerged yesterday.
The top civil servant at the Department of Health said the idea would be controversial but had proved a success in trials.

Something needs to be done to stop scroungers from overseaz.

Problem, if I were admitted as an emergency is it likely I would have my passport upon my person?

Does everyone entitled hold a British passport?

When I went for 8 weeks hol in Vegas they scanned my eye.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958046/Show-passport-want-hospital-treatment-Health-mandarin-s-proposal-patients-curb-health-tourism.html#ixzz4QjZGYoRe 
Follow us: - | -
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism Empty Re: Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:20 pm

Major wrote:Passport checks to curb health tourism may have to be extended to every hospital, it emerged yesterday.
The top civil servant at the Department of Health said the idea would be controversial but had proved a success in trials.

Something needs to be done to stop scroungers from overseaz.

Problem, if I were admitted as an emergency is it likely I would have my passport upon my person?

Does everyone entitled hold a British passport?

When I went for 8 weeks hol in Vegas they scanned my eye.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958046/Show-passport-want-hospital-treatment-Health-mandarin-s-proposal-patients-curb-health-tourism.html#ixzz4QjZGYoRe 
Follow us: - | -
most british people would have some form of ID. a driving licence would show your address.I doubt anyone would be turned away at A&E without ID, but it would not be impossible to ensure they got someone to produce their ID before leaving.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism Empty Re: Show Our Passports To Curb Health Tourism

Post  Flix Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:13 pm

I'll have to look out then, I get enough trouble with the bank. We had to go in, by their invitation because an investment had matured, we spent three hours with an advisor, its really not a lot of money, to go through al the pros and cons, we just wanted it reinvested like before. We had to go back and sign up to a transfer back to the investement, a week later, I don't have a passport not do I drive so I went armed with very few utility bills, bank statements and my pass book for this very bank. Well, I was umm'd, ahh'd and tutted at for what seemed like ages, they couldn't let me sign, not enough  ID, my husband who was also signing, had his driving license and passport, surely he could have vouched for me.
Nothing happened until unusually I blew a fuse and said I'd take my money elsewhere, forgetting of course I'd need ID to do that, they must have forgotten as well because they retreated into a back room for fives minutes came back out and everything was signed within minutes. So besides clean underwear we'll all be advised to take your passport/driving license/ or utility bills every time you go out.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down