IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catch Up TV

4 posters

Go down

Catch Up TV Empty Catch Up TV

Post  Costa Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Anyone else use it?

These days, I only ever watch TV on catch up.

I've just spent an enjoyable rainy afternoon catching up on 9 episodes of Corrie and a documentary.

Costa
Costa

Back to top Go down

Catch Up TV Empty Re: Catch Up TV

Post  harvesmom Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:32 pm

I only ever watch catch up TV.  I have a series link set up for all the programmes I like, Corrie and stuff and watch usually late at night. 

I love for example Dancing on Ice but would never watch it live as the advert breaks are ridiculous. I fast forward them all.
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Costa Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

harvesmom wrote:I only ever watch catch up TV.  I have a series link set up for all the programmes I like, Corrie and stuff and watch usually late at night. 

I love for example Dancing on Ice but would never watch it live as the advert breaks are ridiculous. I fast forward them all.

Yeah, I just like watching catch up at my own leisure. And even though I have a Smart TV that I could watch it on, I still like to watch it on my laptop, cosied up in bed at night.

Costa
Costa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Costa wrote:Anyone else use it?

These days, I only ever watch TV on catch up.

I've just spent an enjoyable rainy afternoon catching up on 9 episodes of Corrie and a documentary.  

I download any BBC tv I want using a program called Get_iplayer
I just set the series I want and it runs every day and downloads it all, either TV or radio, none of that deleting in 30 days nonsense that you get with iplayer.
I also use itv hub, and the 4OD and the channel 5 app. I am also watching I'm a celebrity, but the Australian version from https://tenplay.com.au which is quite enjoyable if you like that sort of thing.

I use UKTVplay for watching Dave programs
and if there is anything I want to watch in the states I can use most of their on demand players by setting my vpn to the USA.
A friend gave me their netflix and HBO logins but I didn't find much on netflix I actually wanted to watch.

Even our TV here I can record series and scroll back up to 12 hours or pause on the live tv.
I have been watching The new twin peaks and I am up to episode 13 so far and have no idea what the fuck is going on. I don't recall the original being quite so bizarre.

A lot of stuff I just get from piratebay

the new star trek is good, Last episode tomorrow, and so was Seth McFarlands the Orville
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Yes, use it quite a bit. We have Sky but usually someone is watching something I don't want to watch, I have Freeview on other tv's but even though we are practically under the relay transmitter there's lots of channels we can't get, so I've got a thing, Fire something, for my upstairs tv that I can get anything on and Sky my main pc, so its more or less covered where ever I am. I like a lot of ITV stuff (old) which I can't get on Freeview.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Flix wrote:Yes, use it quite a bit. We have Sky but usually someone is watching something I don't want to watch, I have Freeview on other tv's but even though we are practically under the relay transmitter there's lots of channels we can't get, so I've got a thing, Fire something, for my upstairs tv that I can get anything on and Sky my main pc, so its more or less covered where ever I am. I like a lot of ITV stuff (old) which I can't get on Freeview.
freeview channels can depend on whether your transmitter is a repeater or main transmitter. My mums freeview does not have that many channels, but my flat over the other side of the hill and on the main transmitter gets the lot. As freeview has been available for so many years now there is not really any excuse why they have not upgraded all the transmitters.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  harvesmom Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Costa wrote:

Yeah, I just like watching catch up at my own leisure. And even though I have a Smart TV that I could watch it on, I still like to watch it on my laptop, cosied up in bed at night.

I cant watch tv on my laptop, I have to have a big screen  Grinning

I record mine through my tivo box, don't think its the most cost effective way of doing it but its the only way i understand!
harvesmom
harvesmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:06 pm

Ours is a relay station, so I don't see why I have to go to the expense of getting an ariel on a pole on the roof to get the main station in Wenvoe, not far from us as the crow flies, the relay station should be upgraded, we pay enough fees to the government for having a tv and radio, it should be uniform across the country or the ones who haven't got an upgraded relay station should pay less, in my humble opinion.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down