IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Cast Off Clothing

+2
fatbob5
Major
6 posters

Go down

Your Cast Off Clothing Empty Your Cast Off Clothing

Post  Major Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30227025

The Heart Foundation gets most of our cast offs.

Where does yours go?

A few years back I found that as a example the Sally Ann only received £5 for each full skip of clothing/shoes collected in their name by a private company which exported all of it they collected.
Anyone know how much money they get nowadays for each full skip?
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Your Cast Off Clothing Empty Re: Your Cast Off Clothing

Post  fatbob5 Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:54 pm

The plastic bags that people leave at the end of their driveways are not collected by volunteers from the charity mentioned on the bag, rather they are collected by private companies who commit to making a donation to the charity concerned.
fatbob5
fatbob5

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 am

A lot of plastic bags full of clothes are left out side your houses to be collected by Romanian scum bags who sell them on and keep all the money for themselves !

And that's a fact !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:45 am

over here they have big yellow containers all over the place with a flip door tray to drop off old clothes which are then passed onto the poor.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:04 am

They'v got containers here,   many a Romanian has been rescued after getting trapped inside trying to nick the contents !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

nicko wrote:They'v got containers here,   many a Romanian has been rescued after getting trapped inside trying to nick the contents !

Ha ha ha I remember.

Gypos come around this area and pick up stuff left out in charity bags.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Major wrote:

It is precisely because of this sort of criminality that anything such as clothing or household goods that I wish to donate to a charity I take directly to one of their High Street shops...mainly Age Concern because they are the only one reasonably local to me.

Emmaus is another charity that I try to support with unwanted larger household items when I have time to take them the 20 miles or so to my nearest Emmaus community.

Sadly it did not take our Eastern European, er, guests very long to recognise and exploit the fact that so many of us are generous when it comes to trying to help the more disadvantaged in society, and it is now absolutely pointless in these parts  of putting any clothing etc. in a collection bin or leaving on our doorstep because they are regularly raided by our burgeoning Romanian and Albanian "neighbours."

Gypos - so long as they are the traditional Romany Gipsies - I don't mind. They may be rogues and poachers, but they ain't the sort of violent, thieving evil bastards that Pikeys ("travellers") are. (Cue histrionic reaction from t'other place where that lying bastard "Angry" Andy and that fucking brain-dead Outback racist moron Wolfie will probably now be "outing" me as a racist, ultra-Right wing, neo-nazi, fascist, Corbyn-hating (spot on there, mateys) etc. beast.)

Pikey is a very old, probably even medieval, word for "pikeman"...not the bloke whose job was to shove an 18 foot long pole with a steel pointy end up some poor Froggie's arse at Agincourt but an itinerant (that means "travelling for the benefit of the semi-literate Aussies Wolfie and Veya) tradesman such as a scissor grinder or pot mender who roamed turnpikes of Ye Olde England)
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:59 pm

Lord Edmund Moletrousers wrote:

It is precisely because of this sort of criminality that anything such as clothing or household goods that I wish to donate to a charity I take directly to one of their High Street shops...mainly Age Concern because they are the only one reasonably local to me.

Emmaus is another charity that I try to support with unwanted larger household items when I have time to take them the 20 miles or so to my nearest Emmaus community.

Sadly it did not take our Eastern European, er, guests very long to recognise and exploit the fact that so many of us are generous when it comes to trying to help the more disadvantaged in society, and it is now absolutely pointless in these parts  of putting any clothing etc. in a collection bin or leaving on our doorstep because they are regularly raided by our burgeoning Romanian and Albanian "neighbours."

Gypos - so long as they are the traditional Romany Gipsies - I don't mind. They may be rogues and poachers, but they ain't the sort of violent, thieving evil bastards that Pikeys ("travellers") are. (Cue histrionic reaction from t'other place where that lying bastard "Angry" Andy and that fucking brain-dead Outback racist moron Wolfie will probably now be "outing" me as a racist, ultra-Right wing, neo-nazi, fascist, Corbyn-hating (spot on there, mateys) etc. beast.)

Pikey is a very old, probably even medieval, word for "pikeman"...not the bloke whose job was to shove an 18 foot long pole with a steel pointy end up some poor Froggie's arse at Agincourt but an itinerant (that means "travelling for the benefit of the semi-literate Aussies Wolfie and Veya) tradesman such as a scissor grinder or pot mender who roamed turnpikes of Ye Olde England)
I would have to disagree with you about gypsies being the salt of the earth. Many years back when I was touring with a band in germany we agreed to do a gig for a gypsy wedding, Romanian ones if I remember rightly. I cant recall if they were big or fat. However everything was fine and they enjoyed the gig and we packed up the gear and asked for the money and they turned on us in a heartbeat, we were lucky to get out unharmed and they were throwing rocks and sticks at the van as we beat a hasty retreat. We did not get the money.

Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Major Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:47 pm

fatbob5 wrote:The plastic bags that people leave at the end of their driveways are not collected by volunteers from the charity mentioned on the bag, rather they are collected by private companies who commit to making a donation to the charity concerned.

Gypos collect them
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down