IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTIP...

Go down

TTIP...  Empty TTIP...

Post  dragonfly Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Does anyone know what's happening with this? I have been reading that it's fully under discussion and just a few small irritating snags. Equalities and standards in food, GMOs, growth hormones in meat, cosmetics, as well as institutions being sued, banks having restrictions removed etc.

The last I heard of this was the European strongly rejected it. And now they're just trying to morph it into something they can both accept, which to me is impossible. 

Basically, in a nutshell, in order to align US and Eu rules it would significantly have to weaken EU standards, (something they can't possibly do with brexit, even though our standards are as high). For e.g, EU bans 1, 200 chemicals from cosmetics but US bans 12.

All I'm saying is this just shows that these strict guidelines and red lines can and will be crossed when a snidy deal is to be met. This should be mentioned by treason may to barnier while she stuffs the deal in his face. And I have not heard anyone talk about this, so where do we stand as an independent country, does anyone know?

There's so much Bull going on its unreal.
dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum