IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone else play

5 posters

Go down

does anyone else play Empty does anyone else play

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:08 pm

I love golf, I'm not that good, best I ever got to was around 12,and
that knackered my shoulder, but I would play every day if I could.
the
best drive I have hit was about 280 yards, but that was on a hot day
114F from a very elevated tee, about 100 feet. I probably average about
210 to 240 on good days.
I am not so bad on the putting side and have a 2.2 average. Rarely take 3 putts now a days.
I
don't really care about the score and if I break 100 I am more than
pleased. I broke 80 once and felt like I had won the masters. lol! It only takes one good shot in a round to make the whole round worth while.
Best game ever.

Last edited by In A Flap on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

does anyone else play Empty Re: does anyone else play

Post  Slithia Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:46 pm

tried once but being left handed couldn't get the hang of it , I know you can buy golf clubs for left handers , but just never really did anything for me lol!

Slithia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:57 pm

I find it soooooo boring!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:01 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:I find it soooooo boring!!!!!!

that's because you don't play.

I have seen all sorts on golf courses. Coyotee's, deer, flocks of turkeys, fox's, snakes. Mountains, sea, lakes. I love it.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:10 pm

In A Flap wrote:

I have seen all sorts on golf courses. Coyotee's, deer, flocks of turkeys, fox's, snakes. Mountains, sea, lakes. I love it.

Maybe but it looks so boring!

Give me Cricket anyday! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:16 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
In A Flap wrote:

Maybe but it looks so boring!

Give me Cricket anyday! does anyone else play 3933776953

5 days to play a game and it still ends in a drawer. Now there is boring.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:24 pm

In A Flap wrote:

5 days to play a game and it still ends in a drawer. Now there is boring.

Lol!!!

You have to play to 'feel' it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Lyvia wrote:tried once but being left handed couldn't get the hang of it , I know you can buy golf clubs for left handers , but just never really did anything for me lol!

it is a game you either get or you don't. It also allows people of all levels to play together and I have met many very nice people out on the golf course. More so in america than the UK to be sure. It is common practice there to send people out in 4 balls when busy so you can turn up and never know who you might play with. I have found British players to be a little more reluctant to play with strangers.
I have played with very good players and on the whole they are more than willing to share their knowledge and give advice to those not so good.
Also by and large golf players do follow the rules and will play fair. Not something that can be claimed for a lot of other ball related sports these days.
And how many other sports can have tens of thousands of spectators held back by a bit of string.

If you ever hit a ball long and straight you will be hooked. It takes practice, but the wait is well worth it for the first time the ball takes that perfect arc down the fairway. OR the first time that 20foot or more putt goes straight in the centre of the cup.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Slithia Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:59 am

In A Flap wrote:

it is a game you either get or you don't. It also allows people of all levels to play together and I have met many very nice people out on the golf course. More so in america than the UK to be sure. It is common practice there to send people out in 4 balls when busy so you can turn up and never know who you might play with. I have found British players to be a little more reluctant to play with strangers.
I have played with very good players and on the whole they are more than willing to share their knowledge and give advice to those not so good.
Also by and large golf players do follow the rules and will play fair. Not something that can be claimed for a lot of other ball related sports these days.
And how many other sports can have tens of thousands of spectators held back by a bit of string.

If you ever hit a ball long and straight you will be hooked. It takes practice, but the wait is well worth it for the first time the ball takes that perfect arc down the fairway. OR the first time that 20foot or more putt goes straight in the centre of the cup.

oh yes I agree , american golf courses are great , we stayed in a villa which had a golf course right at the back of us , hubby never brought his clubs so was rather annoyed . It just meant we had to book again . ROFL
I find golf very relaxing and also cricket .

Slithia

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Lyvia wrote:
In A Flap wrote:

oh yes I agree , american golf courses are great , we stayed in a villa which had a golf course right at the back of us , hubby never brought his clubs so was rather annoyed . It just meant we had to book again . does anyone else play 3562723908
I find golf very relaxing and also cricket .

many of the courses I have played have been in the centre of housing areas and thankfully on the whole the houses have been on the left as I go round the course, which is handy as I have a terrible fade at times, I have clattered balls off the roofs of a couple of houses, but never broken windows.

I love american courses, the wildlife is so much better. Coming up the 17th at one course I saw an eagle swoop down on a jack rabbit one day. I have also seen coyotees, big deer, flocks of wild turkeys and even snakes. One chap I was playing with told me about the day he hit his ball into some long grass and he was just about to go in to find when a large snake reared up and then a larger reared up behind it, killed it and ate it. After hearing that I didn't go in the long grass again.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Slithia Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 pm

ha ha yes I know what you mean , it isn't unusual to find a crocodile swimming in your pool in Florida .
Thank goodness the villas have nets around them where the golfers are as I think many times a golf ball could easily come flying in the pool area . ROFL

Slithia

Back to top Go down

Post  bill stickers Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:01 pm

jeff overton time

bill stickers
bill stickers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Lyvia wrote:ha ha yes I know what you mean , it isn't unusual to find a crocodile swimming in your pool in Florida .
Thank goodness the villas have nets around them where the golfers are as I think many times a golf ball could easily come flying in the pool area . does anyone else play 3562723908

there is one course in australia that has a population of sharks in one of the lakes, they got in during some flooding and have established themselves.
does anyone else play Article-2047291-0E4F931600000578-627_468x286
Now that's what you call a water hazard! Flooding brings killer sharks to golf course

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047291/Killer-sharks-invade-golf-course-Australia-flooding.html#ixzz1i1eN30pb
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 pm

A fantastic game.

When a member of a club in Essex I played ever day to recuperate from a very serious op. Loved the solitude. Did occasionally get cross but never annoyed by the rules of a female playing solo. The next male on the course either solo or in a group were required to ask if I wished to play with them. Sometimes I did, other times I passed and said please play through.

To all of without golf etiquette I am speaking a foreign language, more likely a script of a blue film. I kid you not. It is a game of Gentlemen and us ladies enjoy the Britshness.
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sydney Greenstreet Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:17 am

I also play golf, took it up recently after a 5 year absence and before that only had played for 5 years but got my handicap down to 14 so hopefully will be a single figure golfer within the next 5 years.
Sydney Greenstreet
Sydney Greenstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:39 am

Sydney Greenstreet wrote:I also play golf, took it up recently after a 5 year absence and before that only had played for 5 years but got my handicap down to 14 so hopefully will be a single figure golfer within the next 5 years.
14 is not so bad. the only way to improve is to play lots though and also play with better players if you can. I always found the great help when in america as often there I would have to go out in 4 balls with people I did not know. something I find tends not to happen so much on british courses. Although I have had people offer me tips on the driving range.
If I could I would play every single day, unfortunately before I left blighty I was doing that for almost 2 months, some times 36 holes a day, well 15 days on the trot was the longest streak with a couple of days off, but at least 4 times a week or more. that totally knackered my shoulder and now almost 2 years later it is still painful.
during that time I managed to get the handicap to 12, last time I played last christmas just after the snow melted I scored over 100, but it was a bit of a mudbath.
I would still play even now if I could, however the nearest course is 250 miles away and about 100 euros a round, so not much chance of playing again until I get home for a visit. My clubs are slowly rotting away in my mums garage. I haven't picked up a club since last christmas now.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down