IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics

4 posters

Go down

Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics Empty Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics

Post  wyatt1 Fri May 18, 2012 11:04 am

9:37pm UK, Thursday May 17, 2012
Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has claimed he would like to support Iranian athletes competing in this summer's London 2012 Olympics - but the UK authorities are reluctant to host him.

Mr Ahmadinejad told Iran's official news agency IRNA that he would like to be "beside Iranian athletes" at the Games, however, Britain has "a problem" with him attending the event.

So far some 50 Iranian athletes have qualified to participate in the Olympics in several sports, including weightlifting, wrestling, shooting, track and field, and table tennis.
Mr Ahmadinejad did not specify whether he had officially requested to attend the Games or if Britain had refused him entry.
The Foreign Office refused to confirm or deny his claim, saying: "We don't comment on individual cases."

The Olympic Stadium in Stratford, east London

However, British authorities confirmed that anyone can be stopped from entering the country - including for the London 2012 Olympics - if it is decided their presence would be "unconducive to the public good".
The row comes ahead of talks in Baghdad next week over Iran's controversial nuclear programme.
The E3+3 nations - Britain, France, Germany, the US, Russia and China - will meet with negotiators from Iran in the Iraqi capital for a day of talks on May 23.
Britain has been in a standoff with Iran over the country's nuclear development, which the West suspects is aimed at producing an atomic weapon. Iran denies the charge, insisting the program is to meet its energy needs.
In November last year, Foreign Secretary William Hague ordered the expulsion of Iranian diplomats from the UK and announced that the UK was closing its embassy in Tehran after protesters stormed the British mission in Iran's capital, damaging property and forcing staff to flee to safety.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16230207

Maybe he's looking for a council house. Suspect

Last edited by wyatt1 on Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics Empty Re: Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics

Post  prinze Sat May 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Well we can invite the king of Bahrain to the Queens dinner party so why not him ?
prinze
prinze

Back to top Go down

Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics Empty Re: Ahmadinejad: I'm Not Welcome At Olympics

Post  Flap Zappa Sat May 19, 2012 2:03 pm

I won't miss I'm A Dinner Jacket being there.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Sat May 19, 2012 6:20 pm

prinze wrote:Well we can invite the king of Bahrain to the Queens dinner party so why not him ?

I see the Spanish Queen is boycotting the Queen's party, she is annoyed about Gib and probably wants it back.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Sat May 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Gee, he is the toast of the town when he comes here to speak at the UN. Major Universities invite him to be guest speaker and give his enlightened views on women, gays, Jews and Westerners in general, but then we are far more open minded then you are Rolling Eyes ....that plus our left wing loves the abuse and never fails to give this enemy and every other anti-American a platform from which to belch his hate.

Unflushable turds are always made welcome here. Smile
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Sat May 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:Gee, he is the toast of the town when he comes here to speak at the UN. Major Universities invite him to be guest speaker and give his enlightened views on women, gays, Jews and Westerners in general, but then we are far more open minded then you are Rolling Eyes ....that plus our left wing loves the abuse and never fails to give this enemy and every other anti-American a platform from which to belch his hate.

Unflushable turds are always made welcome here. Smile

Seems to be the same here No
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  prinze Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Flap Meister wrote:I won't miss I'm A Dinner Jacket being there.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
prinze
prinze

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Sun May 20, 2012 5:54 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Seems to be the same here No

The thing that really gets my goat is that my tax dollars pay for this horrible little clowns security while he is here. That alone should be a reason to block his entrance to this country. Neutral
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down