IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honourable

3 posters

Go down

Honourable Empty Honourable

Post  wyatt1 Thu May 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Who on earth decided to call Politicians 'Honourable' as in My Honourable Friend(?)

I can think of a lot more appropriate terms, most of them unprintable. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Honourable Empty Re: Honourable

Post  Flap Zappa Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 pm

wyatt1 wrote:Who on earth decided to call Politicians 'Honourable' as in My Honourable Friend(?)

I can think of a lot more appropriate terms, most of them unprintable. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

it is from a time when many of them were.

normal members of parliament are called honourable
privy councillors are know as right honourable.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

wyatt1 wrote:Who on earth decided to call Politicians 'Honourable' as in My Honourable Friend(?)

Probably the same person who calls the opposition "My very good friends from across the aisle..." Which we hear ad nauseum over here. If these people were honest they would acknowledge that there are very real differences between ideologies and that fact and those differences should preclude "friendship." It should be pistols at twenty paces.
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Thu May 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

Probably the same person who calls the opposition "My very good friends from across the aisle..." Which we hear ad nauseum over here. If these people were honest they would acknowledge that there are very real differences between ideologies and that fact and those differences should preclude "friendship." It should be pistols at twenty paces.

Vote for Wild Bill Hickok !!! Twisted Evil If only he was back, and we could borrow him pirat
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Thu May 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Honourable 220px-Wild-Bill-3

Honourable Magnify-clip"Wild Bill" Hickok in 1869. Because a knife would not have been worn unsheathed, it is likely a photographer's prop. Although buckskins are often seen in movies depicting earlier periods, Hickok was one of the first to wear them.
Do you really want him? He was kind of a killer with weird fashion sense. affraid
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Thu May 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:Honourable 220px-Wild-Bill-3

Honourable Magnify-clip"Wild Bill" Hickok in 1869. Because a knife would not have been worn unsheathed, it is likely a photographer's prop. Although buckskins are often seen in movies depicting earlier periods, Hickok was one of the first to wear them.
Do you really want him? He was kind of a killer with weird fashion sense. affraid

I like the killer part, Twisted Evil Twisted Evil not so sure of the fashion though. affraid
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum