IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town Empty Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 am

3:21pm UK, Monday May 28, 2012
A wild dolphin has reportedly been attacking swimmers and boaters in a US town.

The dolphin in a canal in Slidell, Louisiana, is thought to have bitten several people over recent months.
It has been living in the canal since 2005, when the town suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Katrina.
A teenage boy became the creature's latest victim when he was bitten as he washed his hands in the water while standing in his boat.

The dolphin has been living in the canal since 2005

Greg Walters, who lives by the canal in Lakeshore Estates, said he knew two people who had been attacked.
"The dolphin was raised back here and then all of a sudden I think the mother disappeared and the dolphin just stayed here.
"It grabbed my niece by the hand. She pulled her hand out of the mouth, and in doing so ripped the tendons out of her hand and had to go to the emergency room."
Staff at Slidell Memorial Hospital say two patients have been admitted with injuries over the last week, and that another person was treated for a dolphin bite at a different hospital.
Emergency room Dr Lloyd Gueringer told the Fox 8 news channel: "This is out of the ordinary. I've never seen it before and I've been practising emergency medicine for over 30 years."
Experts believe the dolphin has become used to being fed by local people and had begun its attacks because it now associated humans with food.
Wildlife officials have no plans to remove the dolphin.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16236954

Unusual. Dolphins have been known to protect humans from sharks.
hope it is not harmed.

wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town Empty Re: Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town

Post  Flap Zappa Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 am

wyatt1 wrote:3:21pm UK, Monday May 28, 2012
A wild dolphin has reportedly been attacking swimmers and boaters in a US town.

The dolphin in a canal in Slidell, Louisiana, is thought to have bitten several people over recent months.
It has been living in the canal since 2005, when the town suffered extensive damage from Hurricane Katrina.
A teenage boy became the creature's latest victim when he was bitten as he washed his hands in the water while standing in his boat.

The dolphin has been living in the canal since 2005

Greg Walters, who lives by the canal in Lakeshore Estates, said he knew two people who had been attacked.
"The dolphin was raised back here and then all of a sudden I think the mother disappeared and the dolphin just stayed here.
"It grabbed my niece by the hand. She pulled her hand out of the mouth, and in doing so ripped the tendons out of her hand and had to go to the emergency room."
Staff at Slidell Memorial Hospital say two patients have been admitted with injuries over the last week, and that another person was treated for a dolphin bite at a different hospital.
Emergency room Dr Lloyd Gueringer told the Fox 8 news channel: "This is out of the ordinary. I've never seen it before and I've been practising emergency medicine for over 30 years."
Experts believe the dolphin has become used to being fed by local people and had begun its attacks because it now associated humans with food.
Wildlife officials have no plans to remove the dolphin.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16236954

Unusual. Dolphins have been known to protect humans from sharks.
hope it is not harmed.

dolphins are not always the cuddly little things they usually get presented as. they have been many cases of people being attacked.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town Empty Re: Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am

Flap Meister wrote:

dolphins are not always the cuddly little things they usually get presented as. they have been many cases of people being attacked.

Agreed , wild animals should not be viewed or treated as pets, trouble is it is the wild animal that eventually suffers for the human's stupid mistakes.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

When I read stories such as this I wonder if some animals are just born wrong. By that I mean they have some kind of mental defect. A friend of mine found two kittens, apparently from the same litter. She raised both of them exactly the same, but one of them was so damn weird. When she had company she had to lock the cat in a room because it would attack her guests biting and scratching. I hated this cat. The other kitten grew up to be the sweetest cat and very affectionate and friendly, so what was the difference? One had a screw loose.
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 5:30 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Agreed , wild animals should not be viewed or treated as pets, trouble is it is the wild animal that eventually suffers for the human's stupid mistakes.

I hope you're not implying that animals can not be at fault.

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Queen of Hearts wrote:

I hope you're not implying that animals can not be at fault.

They can be, but not always.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:When I read stories such as this I wonder if some animals are just born wrong. By that I mean they have some kind of mental defect. A friend of mine found two kittens, apparently from the same litter. She raised both of them exactly the same, but one of them was so damn weird. When she had company she had to lock the cat in a room because it would attack her guests biting and scratching. I hated this cat. The other kitten grew up to be the sweetest cat and very affectionate and friendly, so what was the difference? One had a screw loose.

I have 2 cats that moved in with me unasked. One is as normal as a cat can be(?) The other is cross-eyed and loves to go for a walk on the neighbour's Roof, The trouble is it can even manage to fall off the Floor :face:
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 5:52 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

I have 2 cats that moved in with me unasked. One is as normal as a cat can be(?) The other is cross-eyed and loves to go for a walk on the neighbour's Roof, The trouble is it can even manage to fall off the Floor :face:

LOL, were they from the same litter?

My friend finally had to give up the nutty cat, she gave it to another firend who owns a farm and keeps outside cats. He put the cat in the barn with the rest and the others blanked the new cat and it never did fit in, or maybe wasn't allowed into the "group." The cat doesn't even go to greet my friend when she visits. It is like she never met the cat before. Very strange.
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue May 29, 2012 5:52 pm

I think the clue is in the name WILD animal.
dolphins kill sharks so we are small fry to them if they so choose.
Just because they look like they are smiling doesn't mean they are.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Flap Meister wrote:I think the clue is in the name WILD animal.

Every organism has the potential to be vicious.

Even an unarmed human can deal a lot of damage, not just to other humans either.

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

LOL, were they from the same litter?

My friend finally had to give up the nutty cat, she gave it to another firend who owns a farm and keeps outside cats. He put the cat in the barn with the rest and the others blanked the new cat and it never did fit in, or maybe wasn't allowed into the "group." The cat doesn't even go to greet my friend when she visits. It is like she never met the cat before. Very strange.

No they are not related fortunately lol!
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Flap Meister wrote:I think the clue is in the name WILD animal.

A croc. has a lovely smile, but I would not pat it on the head affraid affraid
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 6:09 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

A croc. has a lovely smile, but I would not pat it on the head affraid affraid

affraid Especially salt water crocs? OMG. affraid
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

affraid Especially salt water crocs? OMG. affraid

They were one thing I Was scared of affraid affraid
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 6:24 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

I have friends who think nothing of swimming with alligators as they are fairly docile and timid. We are having a problem with pythons now, and they are very aggressive and will attack an alligator. I only swim in bodies of water which have cement bottoms and chlorine. Smile
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

I have friends who think nothing of swimming with alligators as they are fairly docile and timid. We are having a problem with pythons now, and they are very aggressive and will attack an alligator. I only swim in bodies of water which have cement bottoms and chlorine. Smile

Rather them than me! We had to step over a python which was crossing the trail once, it was massive but it took no notice of us.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Tue May 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:
wyatt1 wrote:

I was out on an air boat trip in florida and the guy doing it said he would have no problem swimming with alligators.
mind you I don;t think I would have as some of the ones we saw were well over 12 to 15 feet.
They tasted nice though.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 6:40 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Rather them than me! We had to step over a python which was crossing the trail once, it was massive but it took no notice of us.

Snake tastes a bit like chicken ( so I've been told) Twisted Evil
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 6:50 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Snake tastes a bit like chicken ( so I've been told) Twisted Evil

Isn't it odd that all kinds wild things taste "just like chicken?" LOL, alligator "tastes just like chicken," too. affraid
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

Isn't it odd that all kinds wild things taste "just like chicken?" LOL, alligator "tastes just like chicken," too. affraid

Tee Hee, must be something in the air. On the other hand anything tastes like chicken after 'rat packs' (ration packs) Twisted Evil
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Tee Hee, must be something in the air. On the other hand anything tastes like chicken after 'rat packs' (ration packs) Twisted Evil

Ohhh? affraid LOL, reminds me of a show over here that I see advertised. The voice over says, "Rats! They nibbled on my feet and I feasted on their flesh." While the show host offers a huge rat up to the camera. I can't remember the name of the show but I have managed to miss it on TV so far. LOL!! Yuck.

You are military then?
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

Ohhh? affraid LOL, reminds me of a show over here that I see advertised. The voice over says, "Rats! They nibbled on my feet and I feasted on their flesh." While the show host offers a huge rat up to the camera. I can't remember the name of the show but I have managed to miss it on TV so far. LOL!! Yuck.

You are military then?

Long ago, what you would call a 'Leatherneck'.
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 7:47 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Long ago, what you would call a 'Leatherneck'.

Marine? Bless you and thank you from a yank, for your service to your nation. Smile
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt1 Tue May 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Mystic Moon wrote:

Marine? Bless you and thank you from a yank, for your service to your nation. Smile

Thank you love, and you are welcome Thumbs up Thumbs up
wyatt1
wyatt1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Moon Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm

wyatt1 wrote:

Thank you love, and you are welcome Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town 1955600259 Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town 1955600259

Wild Dolphin Attacks Swimmers In US Town 3933776953 I believe that the military has more support than you would ever know. Unfortunately, the media is pretty far left and the left never appreciates the military as much as they should and the impression is that they are a majority of thought. Not so. The media seems to forget that the freedoms they enjoy are not brought to them by some journalist, but by the military.
Mystic Moon
Mystic Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next