IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do these people never practice penalties

+2
Durham
Flap Zappa
6 posters

Go down

Do these people never practice penalties Empty Do these people never practice penalties

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 am

It always ends in penalties, it always ends in tears. RICHARD
LITTLEJOHN says he can take the despair. It's the hope he can't stand...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2164145/Englands-Euro-2012-defeat-It-ends-penalties-ends-tears-says-Richard-Littlejohn.html#ixzz1ynjgrDvK

it seems that england as a football team are still just as crap at taking and stopping penalties.

why don't they just get rid of the boring 90 minutes and go straight to a penalty shootout, that way the competition could be over in a day.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do these people never practice penalties Empty Re: Do these people never practice penalties

Post  Durham Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Apparently they do practice but you cannot recreate the atmosphere within the ground on a training field! FFS these people are supposed to be professionals.

Young should know you go low and hard not high and hard and cold was crapping himself and had it all over his face......although god knows why a defender was taking it.......

England and Italy were both low scoring teams so I had a small wager on both teams to qualify via penalties. Both were 8/1 - sweet
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Do these people never practice penalties Empty Re: Do these people never practice penalties

Post  Cass Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:37 pm

They were lucky it even got to penalties....2nd half was dire......whatever happened to basics like being first to the ball, passing to a team mate and keeping possession. Cole practically told the keeper what he was doing - again basic don't hesitate on a penalty. Cringeworthy in the extreme.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

I always thought that the idea of passing a football was to let your team mates get the ball, not the opposition. Rooney played (I use the term very loosely) like a pissed tellytubby. Also, did anyone notice the classic England attack move.... you know the one; it starts outside the opposition box and just through passing we go backwards and end up in our own half.

It's not the manager but the squad of twats on the pitch that run about like unskilled burks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Young was dire... bloody awful, to be honest!
Rooney was half fit.
Gerard looked knackered.
Terry (who I can't usually stand was great)
The Klingon had a good tournament
Cole was caught out of position way too often
Hart was fine.

England got as far as they deserved....
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I don't follow football but I watched this match. Can anyone tell me why Rooney is rated so highly? I thought he was bloody useless. What's his goal average? does he actually score any? As for Ashley Cole, every time I heard his name mentioned it was to say he'd lost the ball to the other side.
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  IlonaSong Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm

We got as far as I expected and further than we deserved.
IlonaSong
IlonaSong

Back to top Go down

Post  Cass Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 pm

I want too see a Spain vs Germany final...THAT should be a good match to watch.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post  Cass Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Tess wrote:I don't follow football but I watched this match. Can anyone tell me why Rooney is rated so highly? I thought he was bloody useless. What's his goal average? does he actually score any? As for Ashley Cole, every time I heard his name mentioned it was to say he'd lost the ball to the other side.

Shrek is all talk and no balls bounce
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post  IlonaSong Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Tess wrote:I don't follow football but I watched this match. Can anyone tell me why Rooney is rated so highly? I thought he was bloody useless. What's his goal average? does he actually score any? As for Ashley Cole, every time I heard his name mentioned it was to say he'd lost the ball to the other side.

If people will be honest, the truth is international football is several levels BELOW the standard we 'enjoy' in The Premiership and other top European leagues. Rooney is a class act but he is used to playing in a class team. The same can be said for Ronaldo (although he is having a good tournament for once), and many others 'stars'.

I don't watch international football, it's like driving a tractor when your used to a Ferrari! Also that last England match I went to (a good few years ago) the England Fans were all singing "Stand up if you hate Man U", with Beckham, Scholes and Neville on the pitch!
IlonaSong
IlonaSong

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 pm

I have never read such bollocks and laughed so much Ilona. Do these people never practice penalties 3933776953

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down