IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A road system fit for a .......

2 posters

Go down

A road system fit for a ....... Empty A road system fit for a .......

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 am

The M4 has reopened but lets face it - it's hardly a super freeway. It goes down to two lanes!

The A12 which feeds the Olympic Village from the east is just an A road with roundabouts and traffic lights, why do we British always think small, always restrictive and never enough.

Back to top Go down

A road system fit for a ....... Empty Re: A road system fit for a .......

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 am

The Prisoner wrote:The M4 has reopened but lets face it - it's hardly a super freeway. It goes down to two lanes!

The A12 which feeds the Olympic Village from the east is just an A road with roundabouts and traffic lights, why do we British always think small, always restrictive and never enough.

because the greens have got their claws into the traffic planning system.
People who hate the car should never be given responsibility for traffic planning.

point of fact, in my old home town there is a place called queen square where all the east west traffic has to go to get across the city. It is almost in the heart of the city. Traffic tended to be slow through there during rush hours and sparser during the rest of the day. Some green bright spark decided to install traffic lights where no traffic lights are needed. Nothing can cross traffic as it is a square and everything has to go round it one way. Since then traffic is at a standstill most of the time when it does not need to be. the air quality in that part of town must be some of the worst in the city as cars are sat there most of the day pumping out exhaust fumes, and we all know a stationary car is worse than a moving car.
Every time the planners get in on the act the cars move slower and things just get worse. I suppose that is actually the point in the greens view.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 am

The feed out of London to the busiest airport in Europe - is it 12 lanes? 10 lanes? 8 lanes? Nope!

A road system fit for a ....... 73b21d34

Like the Grand Duchy of Fenwick.

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:10 pm

if you could think of the worst place in england to have the olympics you would pick east london its a nightmare already and it has not started yet
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Newham! John Carpenter was going to make the final film in his Escape from trilogy here.

Back to top Go down

Post  jadeloue Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:13 pm

i hope eveyrone that enjoys the olympics has fun and but i cannot wait for it to end the roads are a nightmare i cannot even go for a swim next week unless i go at 5.30 to 6.30 am or after 3 pm as the water polo teams are practicing what about the local tax payers and their children that are on school holidays not fair and not thought through
jadeloue
jadeloue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down