IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71

3 posters

Go down

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71  Empty Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71

Post  56kevins Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 pm

English rocker Jon Lord, who founded Deep Purple and co-wrote their most famous song, Smoke On The Water, has died aged 71.

The Leicester-born keyboard player, who had pancreatic cancer, died in London today.

A statement on his website said he had passed 'from Darkness to Light' adding that he was 'surrounded by his loving family'.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO...

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71  Article-0-01A2F0B30000044D-255_468x579
RIP: Deep Purple founder Jon Lord has died today at the age of 71

It read: 'It is with deep sadness we
announce the passing of Jon Lord, who suffered a fatal pulmonary
embolism today, Monday 16th July at the London Clinic, after a long
battle with pancreatic cancer.'
Last
year, Lord told fans he was 'fighting cancer and will therefore be
taking a break from performing while getting the treatment and cure'.

In
a message on his website dated August 9, 2011, he added: 'I shall of
course be continuing to write music - in my world it just has to be part
of the therapy - and I fully expect to be back in good shape next
year.'

Lord started playing the piano in his family home and took classical music lessons before turning to jazz and rock 'n' roll.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174437/Jon-Lord-death-Deep-Purple-founder-dies-aged-71.html#ixzz20pFvHWNn

RIP Jon Lord

56kevins

Back to top Go down

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71  Empty Re: Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71

Post  56kevins Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Better version of Smoke ....

56kevins

Back to top Go down

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71  Empty Re: Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71

Post  Flap Zappa Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:58 am

56kevins wrote:English rocker Jon Lord, who founded Deep Purple and co-wrote their most famous song, Smoke On The Water, has died aged 71.

The Leicester-born keyboard player, who had pancreatic cancer, died in London today.

A statement on his website said he had passed 'from Darkness to Light' adding that he was 'surrounded by his loving family'.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO...

Deep Purple founder Jon Lord dies after suffering pulmonary embolism aged 71  Article-0-01A2F0B30000044D-255_468x579
RIP: Deep Purple founder Jon Lord has died today at the age of 71

It read: 'It is with deep sadness we
announce the passing of Jon Lord, who suffered a fatal pulmonary
embolism today, Monday 16th July at the London Clinic, after a long
battle with pancreatic cancer.'
Last
year, Lord told fans he was 'fighting cancer and will therefore be
taking a break from performing while getting the treatment and cure'.

In
a message on his website dated August 9, 2011, he added: 'I shall of
course be continuing to write music - in my world it just has to be part
of the therapy - and I fully expect to be back in good shape next
year.'

Lord started playing the piano in his family home and took classical music lessons before turning to jazz and rock 'n' roll.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2174437/Jon-Lord-death-Deep-Purple-founder-dies-aged-71.html#ixzz20pFvHWNn

RIP Jon Lord
I used to like deep purple back in the day. some classic songs.

I also used to date Ian Gillans sister wink
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  IlonaSong Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:18 pm

A true great who will be sorely missed.

A large part of my largely miss-spent youth was directly attributable to his creativity!
IlonaSong
IlonaSong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down