IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

+3
I'm the king
Flap Zappa
Durham
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 2 Empty boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

Post  Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

this could have serious repercussions on a patients rights.

http://news.sky.com/story/1027101/cancer-boy-surgery-ruling-defies-mums-wishes

Back to top Go down

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 2 Empty Re: boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

Post  Hugh Jardon Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

is that from personal knowledge or just an assumption.

As one who studies such afflictions ( I'm a lay expert on ASDs) I get the impression that she is making a stand for her own gratification- morbid or otherwise!
Let's wait for the big press interview.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 2 Empty Re: boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

As one who studies such afflictions ( I'm a lay expert on ASDs) I get the impression that she is making a stand for her own gratification- morbid or otherwise!
Let's wait for the big press interview.

perhaps she has weighed the pro's and cons, perhaps he would survive as a vegetable, or the treatment would steal the quality of life he has left....

but what ever way a decision has been made that over rules a persons choice and that is serious...

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

perhaps she has weighed the pro's and cons, perhaps he would survive as a vegetable, or the treatment would steal the quality of life he has left....

but what ever way a decision has been made that over rules a persons choice and that is serious...

Nope.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

Nope.

nope to what...

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

nope to what...

Decisions are made which overrule someone's choice each and every day.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

well that I believe is true.

Back to top Go down

Post  BigAndy9 Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

I believe that certain communities can say whether they want certain treatment or not. boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 2 464751818
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Do u think god would cure the boy w"stain?
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Durham wrote:Do u think god would cure the boy w"stain?

whether the child is cured by God or not is irrelevant, the mother chose not to allow the treatment and the law overruled her, I think that is dangerous, what do you think micro dick?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Durham wrote:Do u think god would cure the boy w"stain?

No... as this god thing is a myth.
Besides why would a god give a child that awful condition and then later cure him?

"Suffer the little children.......

Then I'll give them a jim'll fück it badge!"

J.Savile. 66.66.66
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

whether the child is cured by God or not is irrelevant, the mother chose not to allow the treatment and the law overruled her, I think that is dangerous, what do you think micro dick?

A parent has a responsibility for the care and saftey of hat child, if she neglets this then those who do have the best interest of the child need to take those decisions away from an irresponsible woman or man if the case maybe. She is not an expert on health and thus is placing the childs life in danger through ignorance and would even argue if she should have custody with such negligence!

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

No... as this god thing is a myth.
Besides why would a god give a child that awful condition and then later cure him?

"Suffer the little children.......

Then I'll give them a jim'll fück it badge!"

J.Savile. 66.66.66

well there's a load of contradiction...lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Didge wrote:

A parent has a responsibility for the care and saftey of hat child, if she neglets this then those who do have the best interest of the child need to take those decisions away from an irresponsible woman or man if the case maybe. She is not an expert on health and thus is placing the childs life in danger through ignorance and would even argue if she should have custody with such negligence!

all that is assumption, who is to say she has not added up all the possible pro's and cons and come to the best decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

all that is assumption, who is to say she has not added up all the possible pro's and cons and come to the best decision.

The doctors and the courts......
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

A parent with little medical knowledge is not an assumption and thus she is not best placed to decide!

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Durham wrote:

The doctors and the courts......

in their opinions, the doctors and courts won't have to live with the possible after effects of this child, if his quality of life falls through the floor or he ends up a vegetable, the doctors will do what they can, the courts will wash their hands of it and the mother gets to watch the horrible painful decline of her child...

in the long run, the court has forced a patient to take treatment, that could have long lasting repercussions.

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

in their opinions, the doctors and courts won't have to live with the possible after effects of this child, if his quality of life falls through the floor or he ends up a vegetable, the doctors will do what they can, the courts will wash their hands of it and the mother gets to watch the horrible painful decline of her child...

in the long run, the court has forced a patient to take treatment, that could have long lasting repercussions.

So if the childs life is saved would you claim it was the wrong decision?

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Didge wrote:

So if the childs life is saved would you claim it was the wrong decision?

of course not but I think as I have said many times, personal rights are easily taken away but very seldom given back, it is a slippery slope. in my opinion, this decision has set a precedent.

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

of course not but I think as I have said many times, personal rights are easily taken away but very seldom given back, it is a slippery slope. in my opinion, this decision has set a precedent.

Has the child been denied its rights?

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Didge wrote:

Has the child been denied its rights?

the mother has and that is dangerous...

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

the mother has and that is dangerous...

That goes out of the window when she lacks responsibility for the child, so what if the child decides he wants to be treated then?

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Didge wrote:

That goes out of the window when she lacks responsibility for the child, so what if the child decides he wants to be treated then?

she has responsibility until that child is 16 year old and no court should over rule that, i can see real danger in it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

she has responsibility until that child is 16 year old and no court should over rule that, i can see real danger in it.

No that's not the case.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  gelico Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 pm

the mother has not been denied her rights

it is not her brain tumour and it is not her life on the line,,,,it is someone else's. just because that someone else is her child makes no different. if the experts say that without the treatment he will die then why is she refusing it?? because she thinks she knows best. she is emotionally involved and not in the best place to make such decisions, nor does she have medical knowledge

i think the courts did the right thing

if she is prepared to let her child die through lack of treatment then rightly so that someone else take that decision from her.
gelico
gelico

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm

gelico wrote:the mother has not been denied her rights

it is not her brain tumour and it is not her life on the line,,,,it is someone else's. just because that someone else is her child makes no different. if the experts say that without the treatment he will die then why is she refusing it?? because she thinks she knows best. she is emotionally involved and not in the best place to make such decisions, nor does she have medical knowledge

i think the courts did the right thing

if she is prepared to let her child die through lack of treatment then rightly so that someone else take that decision from her.

I disagree as I said if it all goes wrong will the child be looked after by everyone else, nope course not.

perhaps she wants a normal active child for as long as he has left.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next