IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

+3
I'm the king
Flap Zappa
Durham
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 4 Empty boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

Post  Guest Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

this could have serious repercussions on a patients rights.

http://news.sky.com/story/1027101/cancer-boy-surgery-ruling-defies-mums-wishes

Back to top Go down

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 4 Empty Re: boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

Even a trip to the dentist has an element of risk.

Like I said.... she's a fükin mental.

i suppose dentistry even a minor op has risk, but I think this is beyond minor..

Back to top Go down

boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!! - Page 4 Empty Re: boy with cancer must have treatment despite mum saying no!!

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

i suppose dentistry even a minor op has risk, but I think this is beyond minor..

The ultimate risk is the very same.
She's a mental.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

The ultimate risk is the very same.
She's a mental.

she seems quite rational, she should have the right to decide for her child, this is another example of control over personal choices, which i think is a slippery road to no freedom at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

I don't know I didn't read that bit, but if the child had an excellent chance of recover why does it say the dad was apprehensive.

All surgery has a risk, if I had a child I would be apprehensive about ALL surgery, wouldn't you.

you still haven't explained how anti sickness pills would ruin his life?

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:06 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

she seems quite rational, she should have the right to decide for her child, this is another example of control over personal choices, which i think is a slippery road to no freedom at all.

It's rational to run away with your child?

It's rational to ignore all medical advice and that of the father of your child?

It has not been control over her choice, the judge made a judgement over her OPINION and that of her husband, using all the information given.

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm the king wrote:

All surgery has a risk, if I had a child I would be apprehensive about ALL surgery, wouldn't you.

you still haven't explained how anti sickness pills would ruin his life?

I don't have to explain that, my whole point is the freedom of her choice and consequently the freedom of choice of others not what the treatment entails...

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

Well....
That says a lot about your interpretation of rational.
She's a firkin mental.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

I don't have to explain that, my whole point is the freedom of her choice and consequently the freedom of choice of others not what the treatment entails...

Why not, they are perfectly acceptable points?

so is it rational to prevent your child from taking anti sickness pills he has been prescribed by a doctor?

he wants it, she doesn't what do we do, just argue? a decsion has to be made and they decided to allow a judge to do that.

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm the king wrote:

Why not, they are perfectly acceptable points?

so is it rational to prevent your child from taking anti sickness pills he has been prescribed by a doctor?

he wants it, she doesn't what do we do, just argue? a decsion has to be made and they decided to allow a judge to do that.

a parent should have the right to make a choice for their child, that is what parents do, I am more interested in the fact that a personal liberty has been lost to be honest..

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:16 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

a parent should have the right to make a choice for their child, that is what parents do, I am more interested in the fact that a personal liberty has been lost to be honest..

Would you support a woman who encouraged her son to play on the M6?
Afterall, it's a choice- based on idiocy.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

Would you support a woman who encouraged her son to play on the M6?
Afterall, it's a choice- based on idiocy.

not quite the same thing is it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

not quite the same thing is it?

Is it not?
Why not?
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

Is it not?
Why not?

playing on the m6 would only lead to one possible conclusion, this can clearly have several possible outcomes, a parent who told a child to do something that was only likely to lead to death and any and all knowledge would make that very obvious to them would be dangerous, this is not so clear cut.

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

In that sense, then what of the liberty of the father? does his liberty not count?

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

playing on the m6 would only lead to one possible conclusion, this can clearly have several possible outcomes, a parent who told a child to do something that was only likely to lead to death and any and all knowledge would make that very obvious to them would be dangerous, this is not so clear cut.

without treatment there is only one possible outcome. she accepts that

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:37 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

Nope.
Playing on any motorway could result in numerous conclusions.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

Nope.
Playing on any motorway could result in numerous conclusions.

tell you what just nip off for an hour and tell me how it goes, well i'll see it in the papers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

tell you what just nip off for an hour and tell me how it goes, well i'll see it in the papers.

Now you finally get it!
You see I would not allow any of my kids to to it,
no rational parent would.

Do you now understand how idiotic that woman is!
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:

Now you finally get it!
You see I would not allow any of my kids to to it,
no rational parent would.

Do you now understand how idiotic that woman is!

no i don't get your point at all, she must think the treatment has sufficient risk as to be a real threat to his life, otherwise she would probably say go ahead , by your scenario there was only one possible decision..

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:03 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

This isn;t about choice, it's about something far more important than that, it's about the life of a young child.

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm the king wrote:

This isn;t about choice, it's about something far more important than that, it's about the life of a young child.

it is about a young child and I hope this child fully recovers but it also about a parents right to make a decision for that child and ultimately anyone's choice to take a treatment or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:48 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

it is about a young child and I hope this child fully recovers but it also about a parents right to make a decision for that child and ultimately anyone's choice to take a treatment or not.

I am glad you finally accept that it is BOTH parents decision. what do you think should happen when the parents can not decide between them and the child's life is in the balance?

Toss a coin?

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm the king wrote:

I am glad you finally accept that it is BOTH parents decision. what do you think should happen when the parents can not decide between them and the child's life is in the balance?

Toss a coin?

on the other side of that coin toss if both parents disagree does the court butt out?

Back to top Go down

Post  I'm the king Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 pm

heartsandminds wrote:

on the other side of that coin toss if both parents disagree does the court butt out?

What?

I'm the king

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm the king wrote:

What?

If both parents agree that the treatment should not go ahead should the court not make a decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next