tv licences.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tv licences.   Empty tv licences.

Post  nicko on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:05 pm

about 3 years ago my daughter was fined £350 for not having a tv licence,her partner had left her with 3 children and other debts.i paid the fine and my daughter arranged to pay for the next licences weekly,this she did .2 years ago she missed 3 payments when i had a quadruple bypass.last week she recieved a fine of £286 for missing these payments plus they asked her to pay £50 court costs.what gets my goat is they know a single mom cannot afford to pay fines like this,i paid it and then they wanted another£50!! i know she broke the law but when you read about people commiting worse crimes and getting a smack on the wrist i just despair.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8085
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  scottamylola on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:25 pm

nicho216 wrote:about 3 years ago my daughter was fined £350 for not having a tv licence,her partner had left her with 3 children and other debts.i paid the fine and my daughter arranged to pay for the next licences weekly,this she did .2 years ago she missed 3 payments when i had a quadruple bypass.last week she recieved a fine of £286 for missing these payments plus they asked her to pay £50 court costs.what gets my goat is they know a single mom cannot afford to pay fines like this,i paid it and then they wanted another£50!! i know she broke the law but when you read about people commiting worse crimes and getting a smack on the wrist i just despair.

Indeed...............however break your ASBO numerous times and you will not be punished as much as that..............yup it gets my goat also.....
scottamylola
scottamylola
......
......

Posts : 3250

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Flap Zappa on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:48 pm

nicho216 wrote:about 3 years ago my daughter was fined £350 for not having a tv licence,her partner had left her with 3 children and other debts.i paid the fine and my daughter arranged to pay for the next licences weekly,this she did .2 years ago she missed 3 payments when i had a quadruple bypass.last week she recieved a fine of £286 for missing these payments plus they asked her to pay £50 court costs.what gets my goat is they know a single mom cannot afford to pay fines like this,i paid it and then they wanted another£50!! i know she broke the law but when you read about people commiting worse crimes and getting a smack on the wrist i just despair.
it also gets my goat that if you pay in advance you get charged more.


It does seem a little harsh to be fined so much for missing a couple of weeks payments.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
tv licences.   Flaptrap1
tv licences.   Iaf_ta11 The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              tv licences.   Iaf_fo12
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 38793
Location : village of the sun

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 pm

the problem with tv licences is when you apply for your first, you're on the hook.
I would not support evading this 'tax' BUT...... if someone purchased a tv for another (you will normally be asked to give an address- which is then passed onto the license bods) HOW would they be found out?

Come on..have you ever seen a TV detector van?.... besides they don't bloody work!

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/10/31/bbc-admits-that-tv-d.html
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty it gets my goat

Post  nicko on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm

re my previous post on my daughters fine,she took the money to the court this morning and was told she would have to pay a further£15 for a"victims surcharge"i just can not get my head around this,does this mean the BBC gets the £15? i cannot express my anger over this.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8085
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:34 pm

nicho216 wrote:re my previous post on my daughters fine,she took the money to the court this morning and was told she would have to pay a further£15 for a"victims surcharge"i just can not get my head around this,does this mean the BBC gets the £15? i cannot express my anger over this.

Unfuckingbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!

Its always the 'good' people who get hit by it all!

Sorry to hear this Nicho.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty tv licences

Post  nicko on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 pm

to sexy moma,thank you for your reply.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8085
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm

nicho216 wrote:to sexy moma,thank you for your reply.

You're welcome!

😉


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  tom sawyer on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 pm


I am proud to say i do not subscribe to the BBC if they cannot tell the truth in their news then i just say i have not got a TV.
Even if they fined me i would not pay it on principle. Rolling Eyes

tom sawyer
..........
..........

Posts : 10993

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:40 pm

I do not mean to be insensitive but if she can't afford a TV license then she must get rid of her TV.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:I do not mean to be insensitive but if she can't afford a TV license then she must get rid of her TV.

Yup very insensitive Queen.

Read the op Nicho said the partner left his daughter with 3 kids. So only then she wasnt able to pay.

I think its a disgrace tbh. The poor woman was left with 3 kids and debts to pay!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:55 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Yup very insensitive Queen.

Read the op Nicho said the partner left his daughter with 3 kids. So only then she wasnt able to pay.

I think its a disgrace tbh. The poor woman was left with 3 kids and debts to pay!

Yes, it is unfair but if she can't afford it then she needs to do away with it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:

Yes, it is unfair but if she can't afford it then she needs to do away with it.


No Tv? With 3 kids?

Im sure she will be entitled to tax credits and other benefits now ( if shes still a single mum with 3 kids).

The above was about when the partner left her not now ( i think)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:


No Tv? With 3 kids?

Im sure she will be entitled to tax credits and other benefits now ( if shes still a single mum with 3 kids).

The above was about when the partner left her not now ( i think)

If she is entitled to benefits and credits then she should apply for them.

If you can not afford something, then you can't have it, it applies to everyone, yes, sometimes it is not fair but that's the truth of it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty tv licences

Post  nicko on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 pm

sexy moma,thanks for your support.striped stockings can you imagine being the only house in the road with no tv? children can be very cruel iwould not let my grandchildren be picked on.by the way when my daughter recieved the fine she came to me crying and trembling with fear,try and imagine a young mother with children thinking she would be sent to prison.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8085
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Durham on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm

If I didn't want a criminal conviction, I would not pay this poll tax for pollution I don't wish to watch.

Put these money wasting, biased broadcasting leeches in the real world so thy have to produce programmes that people want or value - and they will pay for or secure advertising.

BBC filth
Durham
Durham
..........
..........

Posts : 10560

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 pm

nicho216 wrote:sexy moma,thanks for your support.striped stockings can you imagine being the only house in the road with no tv? children can be very cruel iwould not let my grandchildren be picked on.by the way when my daughter recieved the fine she came to me crying and trembling with fear,try and imagine a young mother with children thinking she would be sent to prison.

I understand that.
All I am saying is that if you can not afford something then you need to do away with it, I said it was not fair, I know it is not fair but it's fact, if you can not afford something then you can not have it.

You are paying for it for her and it is very kind of you to do so but if you were unable to then she would have to do away with that expense.
Is all I am saying.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 pm

nicho216 wrote:sexy moma,thanks for your support.striped stockings can you imagine being the only house in the road with no tv? children can be very cruel iwould not let my grandchildren be picked on.by the way when my daughter recieved the fine she came to me crying and trembling with fear,try and imagine a young mother with children thinking she would be sent to prison.

I can only imagine Nicho. Im glad the grandchildren and your daughter have you there as being a single mum must be very hard indeed. Family is always very important and in times of need even more so. I hope your daughter is doing ok now and getting the help she needs from the government.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:27 pm

[quote="Striped Stockings"]

I understand that.
All I am saying is that if you can not afford something then you need to do away with it, I said it was not fair, I know it is not fair but it's fact, if you can not afford something then you can not have it.

You are paying for it for her and it is very kind of you to do so but if you were unable to then she would have to do away with that expense.


But she was only in that situation because the partner left her.

If she was always alone she might have balanced her finances differently.

If all of a sudden your partner leaves and you have all this debt to pay its overwelming!


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
But she was only in that situation because the partner left her.

If she was always alone she might have balanced her finances differently.

If all of a sudden your partner leaves and you have all this debt to pay its overwelming!


As I said many times.
I know it is not fair!

I was merely stating fact.

Remove the context and acknowledge this statement purely on it's own:
If you can't afford something then you can not have it.
Yes?

Acknowledge that statement purely on it's own.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:



As I said many times.
I know it is not fair!

I was merely stating fact.

Remove the context and acknowledge this statement purely on it's
own:


If you can't afford something then you can not have it.
Yes?



Acknowledge that statement purely on it's own.


No i wont because


WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT help out people when they cant afford feck all?

Why do these people get benefits when they are not born here? Im using the government here because ITS NOT FAIR is it?

as a single mum the TV licence company should have made her pay instalements instead of treating her like a criminal.

Its ALL UNFAIR.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:


No i wont because


WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT help out people when they cant afford feck all?

Why do these people get benefits when they are not born here? Im using the government here because ITS NOT FAIR is it?

as a single mum the TV licence company should have made her pay instalements instead of treating her like a criminal.

Its ALL UNFAIR.


As I said, if she is entitled to benefits and credits then she should apply to them, so I do not see why you are bringing the state into it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 pm

I was merely pointing out a lot if things are UNFAIR.

But to suggest to go without TV was very insensitive.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:I was merely pointing out a lot if things are UNFAIR.

But to suggest to go without TV was very insensitive.

Television is a luxury more than a necessity.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:

Television is a luxury more than a necessity.

Sky is a necessity

TV with 5 terrible channels isnt. Esp to children.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum