tv licences.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty tv licences.

Post  nicko on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

about 3 years ago my daughter was fined £350 for not having a tv licence,her partner had left her with 3 children and other debts.i paid the fine and my daughter arranged to pay for the next licences weekly,this she did .2 years ago she missed 3 payments when i had a quadruple bypass.last week she recieved a fine of £286 for missing these payments plus they asked her to pay £50 court costs.what gets my goat is they know a single mom cannot afford to pay fines like this,i paid it and then they wanted another£50!! i know she broke the law but when you read about people commiting worse crimes and getting a smack on the wrist i just despair.
nicko
nicko
.........
.........

Posts : 8085
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down


tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Sky is a necessity


How?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Ha ha!

Ooopsy i meant TV is a neccesity not sky!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Sky is a necessity

TV with 5 terrible channels isnt. Esp to children.

It is around here! We are in a dip and tv reception without a dish is awful!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 am

Television is not a necessity, it is a luxury.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 am

Striped Stockings wrote:Television is not a necessity, it is a luxury.

Strongly disagree.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Strongly disagree.

Why do you need television then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am

Striped Stockings wrote:

Why do you need television then?

This wasnt about me i was posting it from the kids point of view.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 am

Striped Stockings wrote:Television is not a necessity, it is a luxury.

What sort of technology do you get your anime from then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Angel on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:24 am

I understand what Stockings means....but I also understand that some things are now considered a necessity, such as TV. For some people, a computer is a necessity, an internet connection... a mobile phone. It all depends on what you believe you can't do without. At the very least, a TV can be a 'window on the world'


Angel
Angel
..
..

Posts : 243

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 am

Philagain wrote:

What sort of technology do you get your anime from then?

First of all, I watch the shows I enjoy on the PC.
second of all, since when did what I enjoy become a necessity?
That is a problem with society, people are so self entitled that they've started thinking what they simply enjoy are necessities.

For the record, I like animation, not just anime.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:

First of all, I watch the shows I enjoy on the PC.
second of all, since when did what I enjoy become a necessity?
That is a problem with society, people are so self entitled that they've started thinking what they simply enjoy are necessities.

For the record, I like animation, not just anime.

I'm led to believe that even watching TV via a PC would still require a licence.
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Flap Zappa on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:19 pm

@Hugh Jardon wrote:
Striped Stockings wrote:

First of all, I watch the shows I enjoy on the PC.
second of all, since when did what I enjoy become a necessity?
That is a problem with society, people are so self entitled that they've started thinking what they simply enjoy are necessities.

For the record, I like animation, not just anime.

I'm led to believe that even watching TV via a PC would still require a licence.

you are quite right you do need a licence for any equipment that can receive a UK TV signal.
however getting caught on the internet is less likely.
Watching TV from around the world may not qualify for a licence.

_______________________________________________________________________
Socialists never tire of spending other peoples money

To the twittersphere
if you wish to comment on this or any other thread then sign up and have your say in more than 140 characters. All political persuasions welcome
tv licences.   - Page 2 Flaptrap1
tv licences.   - Page 2 Iaf_ta11 The Artist Formally Known As D555 - - Follow on twitter: @in_a_flap              tv licences.   - Page 2 Iaf_fo12
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa
...........
...........

Posts : 38787
Location : village of the sun

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  56kevins on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

nicho216 wrote:about 3 years ago my daughter was fined £350 for not having a tv licence,her partner had left her with 3 children and other debts.i paid the fine and my daughter arranged to pay for the next licences weekly,this she did .2 years ago she missed 3 payments when i had a quadruple bypass.last week she recieved a fine of £286 for missing these payments plus they asked her to pay £50 court costs.what gets my goat is they know a single mom cannot afford to pay fines like this,i paid it and then they wanted another£50!! i know she broke the law but when you read about people commiting worse crimes and getting a smack on the wrist i just despair.

That's disgusting. You have my sympathies

56kevins
......
......

Posts : 3238
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  56kevins on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 pm

@Hugh Jardon wrote:

I'm led to believe that even watching TV via a PC would still require a licence.
I think as long as you don't watch live tv on your pc you don't need a license. So you could watch bbc iplayer, progs. on utube channel4OD, itv catch up etc without a license.

56kevins
......
......

Posts : 3238
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 pm

A television is not a necessity.

A roof over your head, food, clothes, warmth etc are.....anything after that is a bonus/luxury.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  56kevins on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:14 pm

If I lived on my own I wouldn't bother with a tv license. I'd watch all the programmes I wanted to watch online with my pc connected to the main tv.

56kevins
......
......

Posts : 3238
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:42 pm

@Hugh Jardon wrote:

I'm led to believe that even watching TV via a PC would still require a licence.

I stream and download, I do not watch actual TV through my PC.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  gerber on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:15 pm

maybe it would be worth your while to get in touch with some media or newspaper about this disgusting situation. You may find many more are also affected. The BBC should be fined themselves for such draconian practices.

Well done you for helping out.

How many illegal immigrants are watching without licenses ? affraid

gerber
gerber
.........
.........

Posts : 8931
Location : Not there

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:50 pm

@gerber wrote:maybe it would be worth your while to get in touch with some media or newspaper about this disgusting situation. You may find many more are also affected. The BBC should be fined themselves for such draconian practices.

Well done you for helping out.

How many illegal immigrants are watching without licenses ? affraid


The BBC is owned by your government I doubt you can get them fined.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  T.S.B on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:

The BBC is owned by your government I doubt you can get them fined.

Not to mention they neither collect or enforce the T.V licence.
T.S.B
T.S.B
.
.

Posts : 92

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Hugh Jardon on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Striped Stockings wrote:

I stream and download, I do not watch actual TV through my PC.

that would, I believe, still require a licence.
Much the same as relying simply on SKY+ or iplayer.

EDIT: I stand corrected...like the forum contributor with the club foot...
If you use a laptop to watch television programmes as they are being
shown on TV then by law you need a TV Licence. If you use a laptop to
view television programmes after they are shown on TV – for example by
downloading programmes or via streaming on-demand – then you don’t need a
Licence.

Under regulation 9
of the Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (“the
Regulations”) a computer is licensable if it is used for receiving
television programme services.

The Regulations define ‘television receiver’ in technologically neutral terms and refers to any apparatus installed or used for the purpose of receiving… any television programme service. This means that watching television on a computer is licensable. However, the Regulations limit this to where the programme is received at the same time (or virtually the same time) as it is received by members of the public. Regulation 9 is set out in full below:
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon
...........
...........

Posts : 15513
Location : Not up Dean's arse..or anyone's for that matter!

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  jadeloue on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:07 pm

in this day and age why is a tv not a need
nearly everthing is computer based now as well email this email that so a computer is also a need in the information world we live in they are needs
i know some of us lived in poverty where a tv was a luxuary but come on this is the 21st century
jadeloue
jadeloue
......
......

Posts : 2171
Location : borderline essex

Back to top Go down

tv licences.   - Page 2 Empty Re: tv licences.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum