IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That time of year again

4 posters

Go down

That time of year again Empty That time of year again

Post  Durham Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am

When the Cheltenham festival arrives and Prestbury Park sees the greatest 4 days of national hunt racing anywhere on the planet.

Durham is off to the festival this year so I doubt I will be posting but log into easyodds.com if you want a stats preview of the race

If I get chance I may put up a short list or two....but will be unlikely!!

Fingers crossed we all have a good one!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

That time of year again Empty Re: That time of year again

Post  Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 am

Celtic Shot.... best hurdler I've ever seen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Good evening Durham.
In answer to your question in another thread,my nap would be Sprinter Sacre.However,his price will be odds on,so I'll watch the race but I wont back him.But wouldn't you like a few bob on Sizing Europe whose second favourite?
However,I just can't stop thinking about Zarkander & Cinders & Ashes in the Champion Hurdle.And if I had to place a bet,it would be on Zarkander.He's been niggling away at me all season so I might put a few bob on him.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 am

Shady wrote:Good evening Durham.
In answer to your question in another thread,my nap would be Sprinter Sacre.However,his price will be odds on,so I'll watch the race but I wont back him.But wouldn't you like a few bob on Sizing Europe whose second favourite?
However,I just can't stop thinking about Zarkander & Cinders & Ashes in the Champion Hurdle.And if I had to place a bet,it would be on Zarkander.He's been niggling away at me all season so I might put a few bob on him.

Good luck commander

I cannot figure out this years champion hurdle! I backed grandouet ante post and rock on ruby two weeks ago so I will let it ride

Good luck with your investments commander
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  BigAndy9 Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 am

Croissant wrote:Celtic Shot.... best hurdler I've ever seen.

What about Ed Moses?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

What about Ed Moses?
Please keep your racist comments to yourself..........Animal.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Durham wrote:

Good luck commander

I cannot figure out this years champion hurdle! I backed grandouet ante post and rock on ruby two weeks ago so I will let it ride

Good luck with your investments commander
Good evening Durham.
Sorry about Granduet & good luck for the rest of the week.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Shady wrote:
Good evening Durham.
Sorry about Granduet & good luck for the rest of the week.

Thank you commander

I am pleased to say I came out ahead on the Internet bets (lately due to two seconds at 33/1 and 20/1) but I dropped a ton on course.

Still - back in battle tomorrow so will get stuck in again!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Durham wrote:

Thank you commander

I am pleased to say I came out ahead on the Internet bets (lately due to two seconds at 33/1 and 20/1) but I dropped a ton on course.

Still - back in battle tomorrow so will get stuck in again!

What should I bet on d?
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 am

Hugh Jardon wrote:

What should I bet on d?

Just got today's racing post - give me an hour!
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am

Back in focus, Boston bob, unioniste, tarquin dr sol, pendara
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Durham wrote:Back in focus, Boston bob, unioniste, tarquin dr sol, pendara

Good evening Durham.
I so nearly went to the bookies today to put a few quid on Boston Bob........Lucky I didn't eh?
And what about about Sprinter Sacre?.....He was breath taking.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 am

Shady wrote:

Good evening Durham.
I so nearly went to the bookies today to put a few quid on Boston Bob........Lucky I didn't eh?
And what about about Sprinter Sacre?.....He was breath taking.

Absolutely breathtaking commander - and a pleasure to be there to watch him

Cannot see anything coming which is going to gt close to it
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Did you win any money at the meeting Durham?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Shady wrote:Did you win any money at the meeting Durham?

Commander it was again a special few days. Tuesday and Wednesday I struggled by but Thursday I hit the jackpot with beneficent at 20/1, Solwhit at 9/1 and Carickboy at 50/1 (yes - delicious)

Then to cap off a great week - I had every winner bar one on the Friday! I had some antepost bets running every day from January to March and so I backed against them on the day.....but on the Friday I had backed out Connor in January at 12/1 which easily won the triumph and also had salsify which was a bit lucky to win but backed at 10/1. I also had a five fold on quevega, hurricane fly, siminsig, sprinter sacre and bobs worth and just missed out on a huge bet when my tent or yours was second for the six fold.

I'm not complaining though commander as I've come out ahead after tickets, hotel and food and drink - so very happy with that!

Hope you managed to find a few also
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Durham wrote:

Commander it was again a special few days. Tuesday and Wednesday I struggled by but Thursday I hit the jackpot with beneficent at 20/1, Solwhit at 9/1 and Carickboy at 50/1 (yes - delicious)

Then to cap off a great week - I had every winner bar one on the Friday! I had some antepost bets running every day from January to March and so I backed against them on the day.....but on the Friday I had backed out Connor in January at 12/1 which easily won the triumph and also had salsify which was a bit lucky to win but backed at 10/1. I also had a five fold on quevega, hurricane fly, siminsig, sprinter sacre and bobs worth and just missed out on a huge bet when my tent or yours was second for the six fold.

I'm not complaining though commander as I've come out ahead after tickets, hotel and food and drink - so very happy with that!

Hope you managed to find a few also
Well done Durham & good for you.
I never do well at the Cheltenham festival & I've not had one serious bet for the whole jump season.That's because last season I backed too many good horses that bloody well fell,which made me vow to leave them alone this time around.
But not to be left out,I did one of those 6 selection yes or no bets but unfortunately a couple let me down.
Still I'm full on ready for the flat season & I seriously like the look of the winter Derby winner at Lingfield yesterday......Farraaj I think he's called.He won it very nicely & will be one I follow this year.
Do you remember me mentioning Temple Meads last year? Well as you may recall he did virtually nothing last season & he did just as poorly in three races at Meydan earlier this year.
It's weird how a horse can start it's career so promising with 3 good wins & then turn into a total flop.....What happens?
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:38 am

Shady wrote:
Well done Durham & good for you.
I never do well at the Cheltenham festival & I've not had one serious bet for the whole jump season.That's because last season I backed too many good horses that bloody well fell,which made me vow to leave them alone this time around.
But not to be left out,I did one of those 6 selection yes or no bets but unfortunately a couple let me down.
Still I'm full on ready for the flat season & I seriously like the look of the winter Derby winner at Lingfield yesterday......Farraaj I think he's called.He won it very nicely & will be one I follow this year.
Do you remember me mentioning Temple Meads last year? Well as you may recall he did virtually nothing last season & he did just as poorly in three races at Meydan earlier this year.
It's weird how a horse can start it's career so promising with 3 good wins & then turn into a total flop.....What happens?

I do indeed remember temple meads commander! It is a strange one how they seem to drop away and it is also very sad. I don't think anyone has any ideas what happens - otherwise it would have been sorted by now!

The Lincoln this week - I found the winner last year at 25/1 so shall try again this year
Durham
Durham

Back to top Go down

Post  Shady Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Durham wrote:

I do indeed remember temple meads commander! It is a strange one how they seem to drop away and it is also very sad. I don't think anyone has any ideas what happens - otherwise it would have been sorted by now!

The Lincoln this week - I found the winner last year at 25/1 so shall try again this year
Good afternoon Durham.
Yes I'm looking forward to the start of the flat season as the horses usually don't fall over.I love the Lincoln but it's as unpredictable as the Grand National is but I may well have a flutter,although I'll try to pick a winner from smaller fields.
Shady
Shady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down