IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's actors and then there are great actors

+8
tom sawyer
feelthelove
Tess
Flap Zappa
gerber
nicko
guest...
Bert Assirati
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

There's actors and then there are great actors Empty There's actors and then there are great actors

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 am

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

There's actors and then there are great actors Empty Re: There's actors and then there are great actors

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:37 am

Love all of the Prophecy films, all 3 of them and Christopher is best to me in the Deer hunter. Al Pacino great also, best in Scent of a Woman. There are plenty of greats, think Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton, Sean Connery, Sir Ben Kingsley and many many more Kieth! 
A new rising star to me is  Benedict Cumberbatch, a future Bond, excellent actor

guest...

Back to top Go down

There's actors and then there are great actors Empty Re: There's actors and then there are great actors

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 am

Connery is just a bald Scot who is always a bald Scot, even when he is playing a Russian submarine commander. 

Liev Schriber is a damn good actor.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:00 am

Sister Mary wrote:Connery is just a bald Scot who is always a bald Scot, even when he is playing a Russian submarine commander. 

Connery is a fine actor, who is adored by many, so you also have a thing about bald people, is there anything you do not discriminate against?

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 am

I said he was bald as an adjective, I didn't discriminate on this, just on his crap skills and inability to hide his accent.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 am

Sister Mary wrote:I said he was bald as an adjective, I didn't discriminate on this, just on his crap skills and inability to hide his accent.
Women seem to love him even though he is bald, why mention he is bald or that h is a Scot. Well he is loved by many, you may want to take a leaf out of his book and learn something!

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 am

Because whatever part he plays....he never disguises himself...always bald and a Scot. 

From now on I refuse to talk to you Didge, you are the most annoying turd of man who just winds people up.  Goodbye.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:09 am

Sister Mary wrote:Because whatever part he plays....he never disguises himself...always bald and a Scot. 

From now on I refuse to talk to you Didge, you are the most annoying turd of man who just winds people up.  Goodbye.

Best news I heard all day, maybe now we can have some decent debate going on the forum

Enjoy your day

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:10 am

Sister Mary wrote:I said he was bald as an adjective, I didn't discriminate on this, just on his crap skills and inability to hide his accent.
many of the Scottish dont like him either, but not for his acing skills.

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:13 am

Costa wrote:many of the Scottish dont like him either,  but not for his acing skills.
Clearly that seems in error also:

http://www.careuk.com/news/sean-connery-beats-the-queen-the-person-scots-would-have-cuppa

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:13 am

no one can beat connery as 007!

Last edited by nicko on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 007 connery mixed up)
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  gerber Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:15 am

nicko wrote:no one can beat connery as 007!
Simon Templer wasn't half bad though, I wouldn't refuse one of his Martinis
gerber
gerber

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:16 am

Morning Nicko

Completely agree Nicko, though Daniel Craig does make a different kind of Bond, which I also enjoy loads, more realistic

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 am

I think it's because connery was the first bond that people became fixated on him,  if that makes sense.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:52 am

I liked Dalton and Brosnan, but Craig is very good.  Couldn't stand Dench though...another actress who can only be Judy Dench; glad she fell at Skyfall.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:55 am

Didge wrote:
Sister Mary wrote:Connery is just a bald Scot who is always a bald Scot, even when he is playing a Russian submarine commander. 

Connery is a fine actor, who is adored by many, so you also have a thing about bald people, is there anything you do not discriminate against?
he is good enough, but keith is right he does not have range. He is always sean connery
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

I would disagree, I think Daniel Craig has been the most realistic bond from the books.
Connery was good enough for the 60's, but the reboot of the series is far better than any of the original bond movies.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 am

Flap Gallagher wrote:he is good enough, but keith is right he does not have range. He is always sean connery
Yes and hence why he has been cast in so many films dean, up to you if you don't like him, think he was brilliant "in the man who would be king" and "Highlander" and many more

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 am

Sister Mary wrote:I liked Dalton and Brosnan, but Craig is very good.  Couldn't stand Dench though...another actress who can only be Judy Dench; glad she fell at Skyfall.
damn you, next you'll be telling me Bruce willis was dead all the time
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:02 am

Didge wrote:
Flap Gallagher wrote:he is good enough, but keith is right he does not have range. He is always sean connery
Yes and hence why he has been cast in so many films dean, up to you if you don't like him, think he was brilliant "in the man who would be king" and "Highlander" and many more
he was very good in that, but and probably less sean connery than in most. But Michael caine outshone him there.

Being good box office does not automatically equate to being a good actor.

HE is up there with the likes of Arnie in my view. Good at what he does, but no one would cast him outside his area.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  guest... Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:05 am

Flap Gallagher wrote:he was very good in that, but and probably less sean connery than in most. But Michael caine outshone him there.

Being good box office does not automatically equate to being a good actor.

HE is up there with the likes of Arnie in my view. Good at what he does, but no one would cast him outside his area.
Guess we will have to be to differ on this as I say I have many fav's Anthony Hopkins being one of them and others I stated before as I say the Bond for the future has to be Benedict Cumberbatch

guest...

Back to top Go down

Post  Tess Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 am

I disagree. I didn't think of him as Sean Connery in The Untouchables - far better than Costner.

There's actors and then there are great actors Untou10
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:19 am

Connery was quite good in the untouchables  but the part was made for him.

Now, to prove that I am not homophobic I think that Gandalf (Ian McKellen) is superb.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  feelthelove Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 am

Daniel Craig, definitely.....There's actors and then there are great actors Smiley81

Love Benedict Cumberbatch too Didge There's actors and then there are great actors Thumbs48
feelthelove
feelthelove

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Sister Mary wrote:Connery was quite good in the untouchables  but the part was made for him.

Now, to prove that I am not homophobic I think that Gandalf (Ian McKellen) is superb.
although he was supposed to be irish lol!
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next