IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's actors and then there are great actors

+8
tom sawyer
feelthelove
Tess
Flap Zappa
gerber
nicko
guest...
Bert Assirati
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

There's actors and then there are great actors - Page 2 Empty There's actors and then there are great actors

Post  Bert Assirati Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

There's actors and then there are great actors - Page 2 Empty Re: There's actors and then there are great actors

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Tess wrote:
Flap Gallagher wrote:he is good enough, but keith is right he does not have range. He is always sean connery
I disagree.  I didn't think of him as Sean Connery in The Untouchables - far better than Costner.

There's actors and then there are great actors - Page 2 Untou10
pretty much anyone is better than cosner
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

There's actors and then there are great actors - Page 2 Empty Re: There's actors and then there are great actors

Post  tom sawyer Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:00 am

Sidney pottier/ brilliant actor

tom sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nems Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Sister Mary wrote:Connery is just a bald Scot who is always a bald Scot, even when he is playing a Russian submarine commander. 

Liev Schriber is a damn good actor.
I thought I was the only one that cant stand Sean Connery!
Nems
Nems

Back to top Go down

Post  blackie7 Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 am

guest... wrote:Love all of the Prophecy films, all 3 of them and Christopher is best to me in the Deer hunter. Al Pacino great also, best in Scent of a Woman. There are plenty of greats, think Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton, Sean Connery, Sir Ben Kingsley and many many more Kieth! 
A new rising star to me is  Benedict Cumberbatch, a future Bond, excellent actor

If talking of both sexes i'd have always said Cagney but now I think it's Mery'l Streep.

blackie7

Back to top Go down

Post  blackie7 Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:51 am

blackie7 wrote:

If talking of both sexes i'd have always said Cagney but now I think it's Mery'l Streep.
"She was on the river in one film being hunted down by a bunch of nutters"
She was completely believable in that film!

blackie7

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:27 pm

I saw that one on the river, pretty good too, for a change I didn't pick up a crossword at the same time.
Tom Hanks is pretty good and Robin Williams, I saw the film where he was a film proccessor, I think it was, at the time quite a change for his kind of film. Just watched the new Independance Day film and I was hardly disappointed, unlike with most sequels or re makes.
Why do US script writers always have the same basic scenario for the heroes who hate each other for some reason then get to like each other or husband and wife estranged and kids hate their mother/father then turn into happy families when the hated one saves the day or the rogue scientist giving warnings only to be proven right.
I like Meryl Streep Lily Tomlinson and Sigourney Weaver in various films, saw Lily Tomlinson in a film the other day she was a grandmother trying to help out a grand daughter re abortion, not a big production but kept me interested, can't think of any others, I don't think I take that much notice these days of who is acting mainly because the diction is rubbish, usually and scenes so dark you don't know what's happening, and the incidental and theme music is loud enough to damage your hearing.
I agree Sean Connery is always himself, also John Wayne but they seemed to have done ok.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:51 pm

This is my kind of thread, I luved the moviz and actorz mainly from yesteryear.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Cagny, Bogey, Wayne, Widmark, Mitch, Karl Maldern, Lee J Cobb, Poitier,
Lassie, Burton, Lancaster.

British actors, Attenborough, Victor Maclaglan, Ralph Richardson, Mike Redgrave, 

Barry Fitzgerald the little Irishman was brill.

I have so many I liked.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:33 pm

I remember one cold and wet Sunday afternoon I reluctantly watched a film - black and white of course with Humphrey Bogart, set in Florida I think in the middle of a storm, I think there were about eight people involved and a couple of outdoor scenes and most action taking place in one room, the whole story was told with just acting, sometimes a little over the top but, no CGI or special effects except for the wind and rain of course, it kept me quiet and attentive all the way through.
I like historical, sci fi and action/disaster movies so these days I have to put up, from my perspective at least, less substantial story and relentless CGI, though having formed my preferences in the days of wobbly cardboard scenery I suppose that's not suprising.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2