IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

top gear

+3
BigAndy9
eddie
nicko
7 posters

Go down

top gear Empty top gear

Post  nicko Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Is any one getting pissed off with Top Gear?   I used to love this program but lately to much time is spent on showing fast cars with prices far above what the average person can afford.  To night for instance it's bee on for 30 minutes and it's about sports cars costing £60 grand or more.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

top gear Empty Re: top gear

Post  eddie Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:03 pm

I love Top Gear Nicko! I don't watch it for the cars tbh I just like the banter and the road trips etc
I love their specials the most though.
eddie
eddie

http://www.myspace.com/fireflyuk

Back to top Go down

Post  BigAndy9 Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Top Gear stopped being good about 20 years ago.

Seriously, people watch it?
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:06 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Top Gear stopped being good about 20 years ago.

Seriously, people watch it?

I like it! What's wrong with it?
James May is brilliant
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  BigAndy9 Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:07 pm

eddie wrote:

I like it! What's wrong with it?
James May is brilliant

Who cares eddie!

There's proper TV on the other sides - aint there now?     wink
BigAndy9
BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Ilike the "specials as well Eddie,   do you have a crush on James?  my wife wants to "mother" Richard.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:22 pm

nicko wrote:Is any one getting pissed off with Top Gear?   I used to love this program but lately to much time is spent on showing fast cars with prices far above what the average person can afford.  To night for instance it's bee on for 30 minutes and it's about sports cars costing £60 grand or more.
who on eearth wants to see a program about cheap affordable cars that are all the same
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 am

So you can afford £60----£150 grand for a car?   I did not mention cheap cars,  but how about showing us cars that are affordable for the masses and test driving them to report faults [or not]. Having the reports all the time on cars we can't afford and are mostly alike in performance gets a bit boring . Keep the testing of expensive cars by all means, but spending more than half the program on them is a bit over the top.   I like the "specials" they do, taking older cars on long interesting travels across other countries, and the banter between the presenters.  There could be a small part of the show dedicated to solving faults on cheaper cars.   Having said all that, I love the show.  Jeremy for PRIME MINISTER!!
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:03 am

nicko wrote:So you can afford £60----£150 grand for a car?   I did not mention cheap cars,  but how about showing us cars that are affordable for the masses and test driving them to report faults [or not]. Having the reports all the time on cars we can't afford and are mostly alike in performance gets a bit boring . Keep the testing of expensive cars by all means, but spending more than half the program on them is a bit over the top.   I like the "specials" they do, taking older cars on long interesting travels across other countries, and the banter between the presenters.  There could be a small part of the show dedicated to solving faults on cheaper cars.   Having said all that, I love the show.  Jeremy for PRIME MINISTER!!

I offered to take Jeremy on safari around Milton Keynes in my old Landie (birthday March 1st 1971) but for some obscure reason he declined.

I guess he's afraid of the wildlife there... huge, musclebound, hairy, sex-mad, foul-mouthed and that's only the females!
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:25 am

nicko wrote:So you can afford £60----£150 grand for a car?   I did not mention cheap cars,  but how about showing us cars that are affordable for the masses and test driving them to report faults [or not]. Having the reports all the time on cars we can't afford and are mostly alike in performance gets a bit boring . Keep the testing of expensive cars by all means, but spending more than half the program on them is a bit over the top.   I like the "specials" they do, taking older cars on long interesting travels across other countries, and the banter between the presenters.  There could be a small part of the show dedicated to solving faults on cheaper cars.   Having said all that, I love the show.  Jeremy for PRIME MINISTER!!
its not what top gear is about. It is to see cars that joe blow cannot afford. I would watch them racing buggatti veyrons every day if I could. First thing on my list if I won the lottery is a veyron, which is why I on;y do the euro lottery. I dont desire any car that is affordable.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:27 am

Lord Edmund Moletrousers wrote:

I offered to take Jeremy on safari around Milton Keynes in my old Landie (birthday March 1st 1971) but for some obscure reason he declined.

I guess he's afraid of the wildlife there... huge, musclebound, hairy, sex-mad, foul-mouthed and that's only the females!
is yours a defender? on a previous episode they drove one up a dam wall just using the winch
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Jock McFlap wrote:
is yours a defender? on a previous episode they drove one up a dam wall just using the winch

Good grief no! It's a classic, a 44 year old Series 11A County Station Wagon, one of the last made before the Series 111 was introduced with (aaaarrrrrhhhhhh!) a plastic radiator grille!

The Defender - a fine machine-was introduced years later...and after that came those poncey things with full synchromesh, pas, auto, aircon, leather upholstry, heated seats, et al.

I would have bought a Defender, but I wanted one more Series model before I become to old and feeble to drive one (they are absolute pigs to drive!) and although this one cost me an arm and a leg (full top up renovation 6 years ago followed by 4 years of storage in a heated garage) I just couldn't resist it.

And...it produces more carbon than a pencil factory...but no road tax!
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Lord Edmund Moletrousers wrote:
Jock McFlap wrote:

Good grief no! It's a classic, a 44 year old Series 11A County Station Wagon, one of the last made before the Series 111 was introduced with (aaaarrrrrhhhhhh!) a plastic radiator grille!

The Defender - a fine machine-was introduced years later...and after that came those poncey things with full synchromesh, pas, auto, aircon, leather upholstry, heated seats, et al.

I would have bought a Defender, but I wanted one more Series model before I become to old and feeble to drive one (they are absolute pigs to drive!) and although this one cost me an arm and a leg (full top up renovation 6 years ago followed by 4 years of storage in a heated garage) I just couldn't resist it.

And...it produces more carbon than a pencil factory...but no road tax!
they have just stopped making the defender, and replaced it with something that looks like a defender, apparently
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Arrow Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

People don't watch Top Gear to see affordable cars nicko; they watch it for the comedy, the great banter, the celebs lap times AND the gorgeous cars. Same reason many people watch those (god awfully boring) house in the country shows I imagine, or more likely for guys its the same reason as reading Zoo and Nuts to look at girls way out of their league- people can dream  Grinning
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Jock McFlap wrote:
they have just stopped making the defender, and replaced it with something that looks like a defender, apparently

You can still buy a new Defender so far as I know - the starting price is around 20 grand for the bog standard model. I considered one when I sold my old Citroen C5 a year ago, but I decided that the Peugeot 3008 Allure offered far more comfort for my creaky old bones...and the road tax and fuel consumption are a lot less. Anyway, I have both the Pug and a classic Landie now, so I'm perfectly happy.
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  feelthelove Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Broken Arrow wrote:People don't watch Top Gear to see affordable cars nicko; they watch it for the comedy, the great banter, the celebs lap times AND the gorgeous cars. Same reason many people watch those (god awfully boring) house in the country shows I imagine, or more likely for guys its the same reason as reading Zoo and Nuts to look at girls way out of their league- people can dream  Grinning

Agreed Les, watching it now.  They do have affordable cars, mine was on it once. They managed to get it on three wheels!

Don't worry, I'm a very sensible driver.......honest top gear Racing10
feelthelove
feelthelove

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:55 pm

nicko wrote:Ilike the "specials as well Eddie,   do you have a crush on James?  my wife wants to "mother" Richard.

No james isn't my cup,of tea.
Richard is pretty good,looking but too tiny for me, I like a man to be a MAN Grinning
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down