IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Blood-Protesters V Huntsmen

+3
Abdul Abulbul Amir
Flix
Major
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bad Blood-Protesters V Huntsmen Empty Bad Blood-Protesters V Huntsmen

Post  Major Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Fox hunting protesters and supporters clashed on the streets today as more than 250 hunts met for the annual Boxing Day event after [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] U-turned over plans for a vote on scrapping the ban.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
Follow us: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The hunters a V signing the government.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Bad Blood-Protesters V Huntsmen Empty Re: Bad Blood-Protesters V Huntsmen

Post  Flix Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:57 pm

I've had a bit to do with the hunt, first watching them meet at the local pub in our village, serving them at the local pub when I was old enough to have a weekend job and doing my best to make life difficult after that. I've always disliked them, I knew a few from houses and farms around the village and for me at least it's not a class thing although there were a few toffs riding with the two hunts that met at the pub. It was their attitude in general some had it all the time, the blood lust and the arrogance, some were ordinary nice people until they got dressed for hunting then they became the same as the former. Getting dressed up and riding out is great, chasing after a small mammal is ridiculous at best and downright cruel at worst, I have manyhappy memories of spooking terrier men, laying false trails and ven driving a fox around in a horse box until the hunt had given up and taking back to where we found it and I've had many a discussion with hunt pros, I'd love to ride after them with hounds..

Flix

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:06 am

Sorry Flix,  can't agree with that !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:49 pm

I never said she wasn't !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Not keen on Fox hunting myself,   but why disrupt Drag hunts?
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:58 pm

I have followed the hunt as a child until 20, then a 30 years gap roughly, for then enthusiastically  followed it again , but of late I have gone off it a bit.
My shooting life has brought me into contact with many land owners and gamekeepers where a favour goes a long way, I have helped on hunt days and days leading up to it and enjoyed it.
There quite a few snot gobblers riding within following hunts but the ordinary man in the street can and is encouraged to take part.
Estate owners and famers are against Charlie because he is so violent with wanton killing.
Quite a few who I supported are not any longer with us.

All in all I did enjoy the days out.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Don't see the problem with riding out with hounds for drag hunting, don't like the killing for SPORT though, never could get that idea into my head. Killing for food I suppose that's ok. Shooting small birds out of the sky, and all the rest of the countryside sports no thanks. I'm not a townie by the way which is the stock answer to any people against such things born and bred country girl. The things that go on with horses and dogs let alone the fox, are very disturbing when you know about them.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Flix wrote:Don't see the problem with riding out with hounds for drag hunting, don't like the killing for SPORT though, never could get that idea into my head. Killing for food I suppose that's ok. Shooting small birds out of the sky, and all the rest of the countryside sports no thanks. I'm not a townie by the way which is the stock answer to any people against such things born and bred country girl. The things that go on with horses and dogs let alone the fox, are very disturbing when you know about them.

Hi Flix.
Would you eat pheasant, rabbit, venison or fish?????
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 pm

it is much better to just shoot foxes on sight.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Major wrote:
No I wouldn't - I don't eat meat of any kind.  I cooked a turkey for Christmas for the extended family, much against the grain, I had all the veg and a vegetable stock gravy, very nice and satisfying. Never could stand fish.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Mm, yes I think I see where you are going with that.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:42 am

Flap Zappa wrote:it is much better to just shoot foxes on sight.
Zappz.

I cannot understand your your above statement, how can you   "just shoot foxes on sight"?????????????????

Most times a fox is seen it is too far away to shoot it with a shotgun or a ,22 bullet rifle which is not very good for distant shooting and not easy to get a licence for.

Mostly you would need a higher calibre rifle which your chances of obtaining are slim and also land owners are not easily persuaded  to let you use high power bullet guns on their property.

The only "shooting on sight" which will be allowed is have someone standing with a shotgun and several people walk up an area and sort of funnel said fox into range of a shotgun or 2 or 3.

Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:47 am

Some who don't eat meat because of the way it is killed, eat fish, look how they are killed in their zillions.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't understand the human obsession with killing, if there's  a problem or even a percieved problem be it animal or human its generally dealt with by killing it, even humans if it can be got away with. The other species are here with us and probably their ancestors were here before our modern human ones, its not our right to clear other species out of their habitat for even more humans to live there or make money out of it in some way, at other species expense it is our obligation, I think, to maintain a balance and therefore to control the number of humans on the planet before its too late for everything.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Getting shot of Muslums would be a good start to controlling humans on our planet.
Major
Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Costa Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Vile pair of cunts.
Costa
Costa

Back to top Go down

Post  nicko Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:31 pm

Some years ago I had a friend who grew Xmas Trees on a few fields he owned.  Problem was, Rabbits were gnawing the bark off the bottom of the trees and killing them.He asked if I could shoot them.I agreed and Together with my Range Rover,  a Ruger 10/22 with Scope and Sound Suppresser [Silencer] plus Lamp,  and Hollow point Rounds, I dispatched, according to my game book,  2689 Rabbits over 3 years.  I only took head shots, so it was instance kill or clean miss.   I gutted them on site and gave away many to local old folk,   I supplied my local Butcher with many at £1 a head !

While Lamping one night a Fox came out of a hedge and sat down about 10 yrds in front of me.  It had the worst case of Mange I had ever seen,  completely hairless and skin and bone. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me it wanted to end it's life as it was suffering so badly.  I gave it what I thought it wanted,  I went home straight away with wet eyes.

Sorry about the long story but i'v never forgot it !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:44 pm

I suppose I can't have a problem with the first part, quick kill and then eaten, provided I'm not asked to eat them, the second part, I have no problem with mercy killing for animals or humans,you seem to be a responsible kind of hunter, I just wish it wasn't necessary.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Costa Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:If I had wet eyes while shooting imported scum it would be through tears
 of laughter.

Tell me, what does it take for one to become so full of hatred and bile like you are?

How does someone end up like you and Major?

Costa
Costa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next