IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run

2 posters

Go down

it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run Empty it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 pm

I have been to Gaziantep to day to get the wifes visa sorted and on the way there came across a wind farm on the top of mountains well over 3000 feet high that for some reason were not working
I counted 32 of them and not a single one was turning.
You will have to take my word that they weren't as I did not get any video returning about 6 or 7 hours later they were still not turning.

Maybe it was too hot or too windy for them to operate. I doubt if it was too cold because even in gazientep which is over 3000 feet up it must have been 90F

it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run 2012_068

it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run 2012_069
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run Empty Re: it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run

Post  tom sawyer Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Flap Meister wrote:I have been to Gaziantep to day to get the wifes visa sorted and on the way there came across a wind farm on the top of mountains well over 3000 feet high that for some reason were not working
You will have to take my word that they weren't as I did not get any video returning about 6 or 7 hours later they were still not turning.

Maybe it was too hot or too windy for them to operate. I doubt if it was too cold because even in gazientep which is over 3000 feet up it must have been 90F

I must admit they do spoil the scenery, never mind they will be taking them down again soon as there a waste of space

tom sawyer

Back to top Go down

it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run Empty Re: it's not just europe where the birdchoppers don't run

Post  Flap Zappa Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 pm

tom sawyer wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:I have been to Gaziantep to day to get the wifes visa sorted and on the way there came across a wind farm on the top of mountains well over 3000 feet high that for some reason were not working

I must admit they do spoil the scenery, never mind they will be taking them down again soon as there a waste of space

I counted 32 on that hill top, it was over 3000 feet up, none were working and none were working about 7 hours later when we came back.
while fine as a supplementary power source they are not fit for purpose as a primary power source which is what they appear to be touted as.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down