IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats

+2
nicko
MrDoodles
6 posters

Go down

Cats Empty Cats

Post  Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 am

Get off my lap!

No He's smacking the cat, just to put it on youtube.

Back to top Go down

Cats Empty Re: Cats

Post  Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 am

traveller123 wrote:Get off my lap!

No He's smacking the cat, just to put it on youtube.

Sick bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 am

Cats have been worshipped, most notably within ancient Egypt.

Cats just know things! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 am

traveller123 wrote:Cats have been worshipped, most notably within ancient Egypt.

Cats just know things! Cool

Ha ha! While i wouldnt worship them i do however think they are adorable.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrDoodles Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Oh dear, well we have 3 cats so that doesn't fit in that well, does it!:evil: lol!
MrDoodles
MrDoodles

Back to top Go down

Cats Empty re,cats

Post  nicko Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:25 pm

when my cat was 8 months old some bas***d kicked him so hard he fractured his pelvis in 3 places, vets bill for xrays and medication cost £485 pounds.2years later he started to limp badly and was in agreat deal of pain,more xrays found that his femurs,both of them, had come out of the sockets in his pelvis.he was operated on and they cut the heads off both femurs as they were damaged and rubbing on the pelvis.both femurs are now only held place by ligaments and muscles.he has now started to run and jump a little and apart from a bad limp he is recovering well.i will admit to crying my eyes out when i saw him trying to walk .the vets bill was all most £2,000 pounds.peoplesay i am mad to spend that much on a cat but when he lies by me at night and licks my face i would have paid anything.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:51 pm

nicho216 wrote:when my cat was 8 months old some bas***d kicked him so hard he fractured his pelvis in 3 places, vets bill for xrays and medication cost £485 pounds.2years later he started to limp badly and was in agreat deal of pain,more xrays found that his femurs,both of them, had come out of the sockets in his pelvis.he was operated on and they cut the heads off both femurs as they were damaged and rubbing on the pelvis.both femurs are now only held place by ligaments and muscles.he has now started to run and jump a little and apart from a bad limp he is recovering well.i will admit to crying my eyes out when i saw him trying to walk .the vets bill was all most £2,000 pounds.peoplesay i am mad to spend that much on a cat but when he lies by me at night and licks my face i would have paid anything.

With so many evil people about it is well worth investing in pet insurance, but people don't think about that until something nasty like that happens.

Having paid out a similar amount of money when a cat of mine was poisoned once, i can fully understand where you are coming from.

Glad that your cat is on the mend. Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post  scottamylola Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 am

Not a cat fan..............but in know way should a living animal be put through that......shocking
scottamylola
scottamylola

Back to top Go down

Cats Empty re cats

Post  nicko Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:05 am

i had insurance with pet plan,they refused to pay out because they said problem was caused when pelvis was injured previously and it was over one year since that injury was caused:scratch: i am too old and ill to fight them.
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Edmund Moletrousers Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:21 pm

nicho216 wrote:i had insurance with pet plan,they refused to pay out because they said problem was caused when pelvis was injured previously and it was over one year since that injury was caused:scratch: i am too old and ill to fight them.

I'm not a natural defender of insurance companies' methods and general tendency to go to the most extreme lengths to try to wriggle out of almost every claim - they come pretty close to bankers in my book - and I have every sympathy with you, but unfortunately PetPlan do have a valid point on this one.

If you had a policy with them in force when your cat was first injured, I can't see any grounds on which they could have rejected a claim and your vet's bills would have been met subject, of course, to payment of the usual excess.

I believe that I'm right in saying that depending on the level of cover, treatment for any future complications arising from the original injuries would also be covered - and without the need to pay another excess.

But if you took out a PetPlan policy after your cat was injured, the problems would be regarded as a "pre-existing condition" for which cover would not be available.

Also, under PetPlan's T&Cs I think you have to claim within 12 months of your pet receiving veterinary treatment. That doesn't strike me as being unfair. My dog has just been treated for an eye ulcer which needed sedation and surgery and the bill was over £500.

I have PetPlan insurance and the vet practice has a clerk whose job is to help clients to complete their form fully and to add all the clinical details necessary to support the claim. This is, after all, in the vet's own interests....proper insurance coverage means he will get his fees paid.
Lord Edmund Moletrousers
Lord Edmund Moletrousers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm just glad my dogs died 11 years ago.
It seems that vets bills have shot up more than dentists in the last decade or so.
I was fortunate to have one of my dogs covered by the PDSA when she had to have major surgery, although they would only do one. Luckily I chose the correct one. My spaniel bitch was far more prone to need medical treatment than my cocker collie cross.
She nearly died at about 1 year old when she contracted what they thought might be parvo virus and was in the vets for a week or more and and that bill came to several hundred pounds. thankfully they managed to save her and she went on to the ripe old age of 16. My other dog also died at 16. they were 6 months apart in age and died 6 months apart. He had to be put down when his kidneys gave out. I did have him insured for several years before he died and it was very reasonable back then and did save me some very big bills.
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh Jardon Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Flap Meister wrote:I'm just glad my dogs died 11 years ago.
It seems that vets bills have shot up more than dentists in the last decade or so.
I was fortunate to have one of my dogs covered by the PDSA when she had to have major surgery, although they would only do one. Luckily I chose the correct one. My spaniel bitch was far more prone to need medical treatment than my cocker collie cross.
She nearly died at about 1 year old when she contracted what they thought might be parvo virus and was in the vets for a week or more and and that bill came to several hundred pounds. thankfully they managed to save her and she went on to the ripe old age of 16. My other dog also died at 16. they were 6 months apart in age and died 6 months apart. He had to be put down when his kidneys gave out. I did have him insured for several years before he died and it was very reasonable back then and did save me some very big bills.

"I'm just glad my dogs died 11 years ago"...what a lovely thought Dean....
Hugh Jardon
Hugh Jardon

Back to top Go down

Post  Flap Zappa Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Hugh Jardon wrote:
Flap Meister wrote:I'm just glad my dogs died 11 years ago.

"I'm just glad my dogs died 11 years ago"...what a lovely thought Dean....

in the first 5 years of my dogs dying I had had 25 holidays Grinning
Flap Zappa
Flap Zappa

https://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down