IN A FLAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray

+7
Bert Assirati
scrappydoo
Broken Arrow
guest...
Abdul Abulbul Amir
mattiducatti
Tess
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray - Page 5 Empty Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray

Post  Tess Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

The spectacular fossilised skull of an ancient human ancestor that died nearly two million years ago in central Asia has forced scientists to rethink the story of early human evolution. Anthropologists unearthed the skull at a site in Dmanisi, a small town in southern Georgia, where other remains of human ancestors, simple stone tools and long-extinct animals have been dated to 1.8m years old.

Experts believe the skull is one of the most important fossil finds to date, but it has proved as controversial as it is stunning. Analysis of the skull and other remains at Dmanisi suggests that scientists have been too ready to name separate species of human ancestors in Africa. Many of those species may now have to be wiped from the textbooks.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/17/skull-homo-erectus-human-evolution?CMP=twt_gu
Tess
Tess

Back to top Go down

Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray - Page 5 Empty Re: Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray

Post  guest... Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Stardesk

Thanks for the heads up on the book. Seem to have a view books recommended from here which I am truly thankful for.
That is a big plus for the site really!

guest...

Back to top Go down

Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray - Page 5 Empty Re: Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray

Post  stardesk Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Didge, I hope you can still get it, having the ISBN will help, and the publisher's website, at the bottom of the second picture, the back cover.

I have a similar problem, people keep referring to various books and saying 'why don't you get it, it's good.' But there's only so much one can read, otherwise you'll end up with a pile of unread books.
stardesk
stardesk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks Stardesk, I've just ordered the book on Amazon.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  stardesk Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Flix. You're welcome, did they have a copy on Amazon? I hope you can get it.
stardesk
stardesk

Back to top Go down

Post  Flix Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:18 pm

There are quite a few new and used, basically with the used its just the postage. Can't wait to get it now and get started.

Flix

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert Assirati Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I googled the warrior queen and Phil Again popped up.

Bert Assirati

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5